Plug on rear veiw mirror..

Papa D..

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can tell me what this plug is for ..goes into the mirror assembly,.. wanting to fit a wolfbox g900 mirror cam to use as my dedicated rear of trailer veiw

Cheers

Attachments

• 20231007_164559.jpg
    20231007_164559.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Screenshot_20231007_164144_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_164144_Gallery.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screenshot_20231007_164401_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_164401_Gallery.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 88
I’m probably wrong but my first thought would be that is the feed for the rear view camera.

I’m probably wrong but my first thought would be that is the feed for the rear view camera.
I thought maybe it's to do with the auto dimming of the mirror,
I guess I'll disconnect it &see ?
Cheers for your input👍🏻

The mirror is Electrochromic. (self dimming)

The rear vision camera if equipped uses coaxial.

You can tap the leads for power without issue. Mine is tapped for my V1.

The mirror is Electrochromic. (self dimming)

The rear vision camera if equipped uses coaxial.

You can tap the leads for power without issue. Mine is tapped for my V1.
Cheers,
Was more concerned with disconnecting the plug as I'm changing the complete mirror . Mine has no rear vision camera equipped. 👍🏻

Cheers,
Was more concerned with disconnecting the plug as I'm changing the complete mirror . Mine has no rear vision camera equipped. 👍🏻
hey are you changing the mirror and the 3rd brake light (with the camera) to get the rear view camera mirror ? cuz i was wondering if just changing the mirror will work on its own ?

hey are you changing the mirror and the 3rd brake light (with the camera) to get the rear view camera mirror ? cuz i was wondering if just changing the mirror will work on its own ?

For it to work in the ZR2 you need the LCD rear mirror and the third brake light with 2 cameras (one for bed and the other for the rear mirror) and connect the rear mirror with the camera with a fakra cable. And to do that you will have to lower the head liner.

Infotainment sells a kit.

Most Member Reactions

Back