Possible steering issue

jim

Reaction score
Hi everyone, bought a 2022 Zr2 in October of 2023 with 7100 km on it. All I all it’s a beautiful truck…probably to nice to take off road at least for a few years. I know there’s a couple recalls awaiting parts, wondering if anyone has heard of a steering issue with these trucks…?

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpeg
    IMG_3124.jpeg
    475.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3123.jpeg
    IMG_3123.jpeg
    354.1 KB · Views: 28
Nice looking truck. 😀. What kind of issues where u having?

Thanks…seems to be a popular colour, not actually having an issue yet.. I heard from a trustworthy resource that these trucks do have a steering issue, I just thought I’d seek other info.

Nice looking truck. 😀. What kind of issues where u having?
I’m not actually having any issues… it was something I had heard. Just thought I’d try to see if anyone else heard it or experienced it.

Welcome Jim!
From our experience it's only on the Glacier Blue trucks that it happens to. Something to do with the pigment coagulation in the formula. It's baffled paint techs for hundreds of days
Well I gotta say thanks for the info, it’s on the market now before things go sideways on me.

Hi everyone, bought a 2022 Zr2 in October of 2023 with 7100 km on it. All I all it’s a beautiful truck…probably to nice to take off road at least for a few years. I know there’s a couple recalls awaiting parts, wondering if anyone has heard of a steering issue with these trucks…?

Jim
I ended up having to get my steering rack replaced. 2022 with 31K approx on it. Started as an intermittent issue then it wasn’t. Took almost 3 weeks to get my truck back due to no parts available. They (different dealership as I was away from home) first tried replacing ground straps- said they had seen issues with them and a coil. Ended up being the rack. Was pretty brutal. The steering wheel seemed to ratchet and whatever position the wheel was in, it stayed that way, had to pull it back to center, then I couldn’t keep it in the center position. Had to steer right and left of center.

I ended up having to get my steering rack replaced. 2022 with 31K approx on it. Started as an intermittent issue then it wasn’t. Took almost 3 weeks to get my truck back due to no parts available. They (different dealership as I was away from home) first tried replacing ground straps- said they had seen issues with them and a coil. Ended up being the rack. Was pretty brutal. The steering wheel seemed to ratchet and whatever position the wheel was in, it stayed that way, had to pull it back to center, then I couldn’t keep it in the center position. Had to steer right and left of center.
Thanks Mike, sounds like my source was right but I don’t think GM has acknowledged it yet

While parking, this time I got 2 alerts:
  • Service Power Steering Drive Carefully (repeats once or twice a month)
  • Service ESC (I think I got this message for the 1st time)
Well, got a pic but only for the last message. Once dismissed, I didn't get any of these 2 messages again.

Thoughts, if anybody else gets these messages repeatedly?

service-esc.jpg

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back