Pulled the Trigger 2024 HD ZR2

Floriduramax1

Reaction score
Hello! Sold my 2016 Chevy 3500drw HC and replaced it with this 24 HD Zr2. I was a little hesitant on the color but I have learned to love it! I have it set up for my boat and I'm super surprised at how well it pulls it! My only issue so far is with how hard the driver's seat is. I actually took the seat out of my 2023 Tahoe HC and installed it in the Z and completely shocked at how much better it feels. My only issue was the air bag message on the dash! If I can't get comfy in this seat I will buy a seat from the salvage yard and swap all the internals to it. My dealer already sent me the new upper and lower factory seat covers so I can install on another seat! Other than that, I love it!

IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1303.jpg

Hello! Sold my 2016 Chevy 3500drw HC and replaced it with this 24 HD Zr2. I was a little hesitant on the color but I have learned to love it! I have it set up for my boat and I'm super surprised at how well it pulls it! My only issue so far is with how hard the driver's seat is. I actually took the seat out of my 2023 Tahoe HC and installed it in the Z and completely shocked at how much better it feels. My only issue was the air bag message on the dash! If I can't get comfy in this seat I will buy a seat from the salvage yard and swap all the internals to it. My dealer already sent me the new upper and lower factory seat covers so I can install on another seat! Other than that, I love it!

View attachment 11973View attachment 11974
sweet rig...nice dinghy.

View attachment 11973View attachment 11974
Nice setup. Looking real good. Enjoy that truck and Time on the water😀

I don't think the structure of the seats is any different, but I do know that the the Tahoe HC seats in my wife's rig feels like plusher leather.

I've done some 500+ mile trips with about 8-10 hours of seat time and thought they were decent on the ZR2. Chevy hasn't had a great seat since 2007.

Last edited:
I don't think the structure of the seats is any different, but I do know that the the Tahoe HC seats in my wife's rig feels like plusher leather.

I've done some 500+ mile trips with about 8-10 hours of seat time and thought they were decent on the ZR2. Chevy hasn't had a great seat since 2007.
I flew from Orlando to Huntsville Alabama and picked the truck up in Boaz Alabama. I did paperwork, handed them a check and drove straight back the 627 miles home on March 9th. My back is still sore! The seat frame is the same. The bolsters are larger than the HC seats. Besides the better leather, the HC seats has the lumbar settings that go up and down as well as in and out. That is where the problem is. The lumbar lower lumbar sticks out and is not adjustable on the Z seat. I am also thinking of having my upholstery shop just remove the seat cover and trim it flat. The differences in the seats are very noticeable when they are side by side on the floor. I have Kyphoscoliosis and cannot ride in a seat with any lumbar protruding out due to the severe curve in my spine.

I flew from Orlando to Huntsville Alabama and picked the truck up in Boaz Alabama. I did paperwork, handed them a check and drove straight back the 627 miles home on March 9th. My back is still sore! The seat frame is the same. The bolsters are larger than the HC seats. Besides the better leather, the HC seats has the lumbar settings that go up and down as well as in and out. That is where the problem is. The lumbar lower lumbar sticks out and is not adjustable on the Z seat. I am also thinking of having my upholstery shop just remove the seat cover and trim it flat. The differences in the seats are very noticeable when they are side by side on the floor. I have Kyphoscoliosis and cannot ride in a seat with any lumbar protruding out due to the severe curve in my spine.
Yeah, I've told a lot of people contemplating the ZR2 that buying a HC and putting on a Cognito Lift with Elkas or Kings would make a better truck for similar $.

You could also get the AT4X and get better seats with massaging features and some other gizmos for +$10k. You'd still have to look at that stoooopid looking GMC logo and octagonal wheel wells.

I just go see my Russian masseuse Nadya down the street and forget all about it for $100.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230828_174141_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230828_174141_Chrome.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 21
Yeah, I've told a lot of people contemplating the ZR2 that buying a HC and putting on a Cognito Lift with Elkas or Kings would make a better truck for similar $.

You could also get the AT4X and get better seats with massaging features and some other gizmos for +$10k. You'd still have to look at that stoooopid looking GMC logo and octagonal wheel wells.

I just go see my Russian masseuse Nadya down the street and forget all about it for $100.
God bless nadya and massaging seats!!!

I hate the wheel wells of the GMC. That pic of the HC you posted just doesn’t look “natural” like this ZR2. I will deal with the seat issue. I will post my solution very soon👍👍

I hate the wheel wells of the GMC. That pic of the HC you posted just doesn’t look “natural” like this ZR2. I will deal with the seat issue. I will post my solution very soon👍👍
I think that's a larger lift, at least 6 maybe 8 inches. These wheel wells are large enough to run 37s on a 3-4 inch lift. You can run any offset to get the stance you want, but those are likely negative offset. Stock wheel offset is +32, so tucked in for a more traditional look.

If they would have had a 3 inch lift, 0 offset wheels, and 37s on the ZR2 it would be a proper truck. Instead we got a low rider with hard seats.

I think that's a larger lift, at least 6 maybe 8 inches. These wheel wells are large enough to run 37s on a 3-4 inch lift. You can run any offset to get the stance you want, but those are likely negative offset. Stock wheel offset is +32, so tucked in for a more traditional look.

If they would have had a 3 inch lift, 0 offset wheels, and 37s on the ZR2 it would be a proper truck. Instead we got a low rider with hard seats.
I actually like the stance it has. I really don't want larger tires as I am also in the RV biz and will tow a lot. The only thing I really want to change that I can't right now is that damn 97mph speed limiter! I can't wait till someone posts a company that can change it!

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back