Rant n Rave

Anyone of us could have bought a lemon but it turns out it was that guy.

Every time I buy a new vehicle I worry that I bought the one that the disgruntled Chevy employee built but it's never happened to me, fortunately.

Knock on wood, my ZR2 runs like a champ. Not a single issue besides the hood, and I know they'll fix it.

Yes, to have 2 of them in the shop is concerning to myself with 1 on order. There was always the member who had a white and black one back to back with paint peeling.

Now, there is conversation that the mirrors hit the side of the door when folded in. I’m trying to stay motivated to keep my order but skeptical to know I have a list of things to check before buying.

I think a lot of this is first year problems. Since this truck has a new electrical architecture, I knew there would be issues there. What surprises me is the issues with paint and body. I can't believe they're letting trucks get out like this. I don't know if it's because they're hiring new workers or if it's just because they don't care down in Mexico but it's very disappointing.

Hate to say it but I will not be buying a 2022 with all of these issues.

Every time I buy a new vehicle I worry that I bought the one that the disgruntled Chevy employee built but it's never happened to me, fortunately.

Knock on wood, my ZR2 runs like a champ. Not a single issue besides the hood, and I know they'll fix it.
See, I would love to hear from more people like you, cause they're obviously out there. The problem is with anything, the negative comments/complaints are usually all you see. I'm waiting on delivery for my ZR2, and while i'm a little nervous after some of these reports, I want to hope that the majority of the people are not having major issues. I don't care much bout the hood paint issue. That can be fixed and doesn't affect the truck actually operating. I just am hoping I don't have any of these major problems...

See, I would love to hear from more people like you, cause they're obviously out there. The problem is with anything, the negative comments/complaints are usually all you see. I'm waiting on delivery for my ZR2, and while i'm a little nervous after some of these reports, I want to hope that the majority of the people are not having major issues. I don't care much bout the hood paint issue. That can be fixed and doesn't affect the truck actually operating. I just am hoping I don't have any of these major problems...
i've only had mine for about 2 months and 1000 miles but 0 complaints here. Gets compliments all the time, is a real head turner, and everyone I've had inside say they really like the interior and space. It's hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Yeah, I absolutely love mine! So much better in every way than the 21 6.2 trail boss I traded in. The only issue I have is the paint chipping around the hood bulge. Not a big deal for me at all. I'll wait till GM comes out with a fix and get it done. Other than that the truck has been flawless.
I'm about to take it on a trip from NY to South Carolina and can't wait to hit the road! I'll let y'all know how she does.

i've only had mine for about 2 months and 1000 miles but 0 complaints here. Gets compliments all the time, is a real head turner, and everyone I've had inside say they really like the interior and space. It's hands down the best vehicle I've ever owned.
Been waiting since January. Nice to hear the positives. I was getting a little shook from all the bad experiences being shared.

4500 miles so far, picked it up on May 18th and the only problem for me is the paint on the hood. I am very happy with this truck and get compliments all the time.

Just picked up my ZR2 this week and love the look and feel of the truck. The paint chipping is a bummer and there are a lot of posts saying they know how they will fix it but nothing yet official from GM correct? the dealer is about an hour from my house and I am picking up the high clearance steps today so I will bring the paint to them.

Same but Im only at 3kmi. DIC failed to turn on once fixed it self after shut down to 15mins. Hasnt happened since.

Only complaint is the stupid carplay automatically switches off/on when I pick up my phone. causing the music to stop.

Overall - extremely impressed with the ZR2 after 1,000 miles. Better looking truck in person, interior is legit, ample power, smooth powertrain, tech is impressive, drives/handles well, shocks are a solid option from the factory, etc.

Not surprising - paint was chipping at front corners of the hood / "scoop" when I picked it up (14 miles)

Surprised - the seat...I had NO idea how plush my 2015 GMC Denali seat is. I just got done with a 20+ hour one way hunting trip out west from Missouri in the 2015 and had zero issues with comfort...my butt absolutely hurts after 1-2 hours driving in the Zr2. I've had a lot of rides over the years and we have 5 now...I had no idea a seat could be that hard/uncomfortable. I am sure hoping it breaks in or something, I even ordered a gel pad today...feel like the old man here. If I can't find relief it's bad enough I'll have to trade it...and I love the truck in general so really hoping I can figure something out. Anyone else having a comfort with the seat challenge or can assure me it breaks in quickly?!?!?

Before I catch some @#$#, :ROFLMAO:, I get it, it's a first world problem, that's not lost on me LOL...but man, 73K sticker and I'm bouncing around in that seat trying to get relief after the first hour or so.

Like i said, in general I really like this truck and I'm coming from HD diesels since '06 as my daily drivers. It's a slick ride, smooth, powerful, looks good, and got an interior that finally impresses.

Things like this disappointing to hear
I picked up my ZR2 on 10/19/22 and the dash went out on 10/21 and 10/23. So in 5 days it went out twice. Dealership said they never heard of this. Both times it randomly went out and randomly came back... took about 8 hours the second time. I was driving on a 400 mile trip and it went out the middle of my trip... that was frustrating. I have reached out to GM as well on this. Dealership ran initial test and no error codes. I am waiting on a loaner to be available before I take it back to the dealer. I cannot recommend this vehicle at this time.

I picked up my ZR2 on 10/19/22 and the dash went out on 10/21 and 10/23. So in 5 days it went out twice. Dealership said they never heard of this. Both times it randomly went out and randomly came back... took about 8 hours the second time. I was driving on a 400 mile trip and it went out the middle of my trip... that was frustrating. I have reached out to GM as well on this. Dealership ran initial test and no error codes. I am waiting on a loaner to be available before I take it back to the dealer. I cannot recommend this vehicle at this time.
Mine did this in the first 200 miles. I disconnected the negative battery terminal for 10 seconds, hooked it back up and everything has been fine since. Sometimes these electronics just need a hard reset.

Most Member Reactions

Back