Rear Seat Rattles...Anyone?? (With Video)

anton3ooo

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. For those of you who have received their ZR2, have you experienced a rattle from the rear seat headrest area while going over bumps? It is quite loud and annoying for me. I have posted a video. I have taken everything I store from under the rear seats (thinking the cause was some of my stuff that I store under my seats) but the sound still persists.

VIDEO LINK:

Last edited:
I had that annoying sound forever and couldn't figure it out but I haven't heard the nose in like a week or so but would still like to know what it is

I had that annoying sound forever and couldn't figure it out but I haven't heard the nose in like a week or so but would still like to know what it is
Its so annoying!!

Funny reading this, had that exact sound this afternoon. 2000 miles in and this is the only "issue".

My advice is to change some things. Seats flipped up, see if it continues.

If you are mechanically inclined I can tell you how to remove the seatback.

The T1 at launch had body seam issues along the top of the backglass and I’ve ripped these trucks apart more then I’d like to admit.

My 2016 has a similar "issue", I "solved" the problem by folding the rear passenger seat up. I've still not figured out how to permanently resolve the annoying sound when the seat is folded down into it's normal position...would love to know this fix.

My advice is to change some things. Seats flipped up, see if it continues.

If you are mechanically inclined I can tell you how to remove the seatback.

The T1 at launch had body seam issues along the top of the backglass and I’ve ripped these trucks apart more then I’d like to admit.
Yep, I have tried driving with seats up and the sound still persists. And LOL wasn't hoping to have to remove the seatback but that may be an option:ROFLMAO:

Yep, I have tried driving with seats up and the sound still persists. And LOL wasn't hoping to have to remove the seatback but that may be an option:ROFLMAO:
No one cares more about your stuff then you.

The dealer for myself is always a last resort. Especially when it comes to interior trim work.

Have a friend sit in the rear floor and use ears. It’s exactly what the dealership is going to do.

No one cares more about your stuff then you.

The dealer for myself is always a last resort. Especially when it comes to interior trim work.

Have a friend sit in the rear floor and use ears. It’s exactly what the dealership is going to do.
Appreciate it, going to try this tomorrow!

I've noticed it too, mainly after carrying something in the rear seat (dogs, people, stuff to the storage unit). I found that if you raise and then lower the passenger rear seat bottom, the sound goes away. It's annoying as hell...

My dealer has a seat back bracket on order for me to hopefully fix this, if it doesn't I'm pulling the rear seats to dynamat the rear.

My dealer has a seat back bracket on order for me to hopefully fix this, if it doesn't I'm pulling the rear seats to dynamat the rear.
Did the new seat bracket work??

Figured mine out and the noise was coming from the rear passenger seat. It’s from the seat mount when you lift the bottom seat up. I moved the bottom seat up and down and it started to squeak. I made sure the seat was completely down and the noise stopped. I’m guessing if you have something in the rear seat bin it could cause the seat to move up and cause the seat to squeak when you hit bumps.

Had same problem, dealer said they removed rear seat back and lubricated. Problem has not been issue since.

Had same problem, dealer said they removed rear seat back and lubricated. Problem has not been issue since.
Lubricated with what? Mine sounds like it is rubbing…more of a squeak than a rattle.

i went to the dealer here in Dubai and they said they will lubricate the parts that hold the seats together and didnt work so i decided to take it to my friends garage and he immediatly told me its just tightened alot or not tightened at all and when they removed the seat they found out that it was overtightened from the factory which lead to the screws hitting the brackets from the inside over and over again until the brackets fail ( solution was new bracket mounts for the chair and some actual lubricators with non overly tightened screws and now there is zero noise whatsoever i will also share some pics
1670428150253.png
1670428176721.png

Update: I’ve finally been able to take my ZR2 into the dealership for the rear seat rattle. The dealership was able to fix it. I told them the problem I had and offered to show the video that I have shared with you all. They didn’t need to see the video and said they would take a look. I have been driving the truck for a couple of days now and haven’t heard anything. Asked the service rep if he knows what the technician did to fix it but he didn’t know. It’s amazing how well built the truck feels again without that noise. Hope everyone with this problem is able to get it fixed. Wish I could of been of more help…

Most Member Reactions

Back