Recall on my 2024 : Daytime Running Lights

Westcoast

Reaction score
Got a letter in the mail today regarding a recall.......perhaps just a Canadian thing because I don't think DRL's are required on U.S. vehicles.............

GM has released a recall in Canada for select vehicles across its four core North American brands – along with BrightDrop – for an issue surrounding lighting control software.

The problem: affected BrightDrop, Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, and GMC vehicles may have a condition where the lower beam headlamps don’t illuminate as it becomes dark outside if the multi-function switch is in the “Off” or “Parking Lamp” position. This may also cause the daytime running lights to turn off while the vehicle is moving, thus not meeting Canadian regulations.

Got a letter in the mail today regarding a recall.......perhaps just a Canadian thing because I don't think DRL's are required on U.S. vehicles.............

GM has released a recall in Canada for select vehicles across its four core North American brands – along with BrightDrop – for an issue surrounding lighting control software.

The problem: affected BrightDrop, Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, and GMC vehicles may have a condition where the lower beam headlamps don’t illuminate as it becomes dark outside if the multi-function switch is in the “Off” or “Parking Lamp” position. This may also cause the daytime running lights to turn off while the vehicle is moving, thus not meeting Canadian regulations.
We do have DRLs in the US...they have been required for quite some time.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back