Recommendations for accessories/mods?

NateP

Reaction score
I was looking to get an exhaust and a cold air intake for my 23 ZR2, does anyone have any specific brand that they are using and can vouch for? Also, any accessories for the ZR2 that will add to the already badass look of the truck? Just looking to see what other people are doing to their ZR2's...

I was looking to get an exhaust and a cold air intake for my 23 ZR2, does anyone have any specific brand that they are using and can vouch for? Also, any accessories for the ZR2 that will add to the already badass look of the truck? Just looking to see what other people are doing to their ZR2's...
The GM Borla exhaust is great. Also the Bakflip MX4 box cover is a nice add.

I went with the AEV 0FG exhaust it sounds amazing and the K&N Blackhawk Intake. Technically since the Blackhawk isn't a closed box it's not a true CAI but it adds power and sounds great and K&N is a trusted product for me.

The GM Borla exhaust is great. Also the Bakflip MX4 box cover is a nice add.
Thanks! Will definitely be getting a bed cover soon. I'll check out that exhaust, a little underwhelmed with the sound of the stock exhaust...

I have a buddy with the Borla have heard it side by side with the AEV they both sound great. The AEV is louder and more aggressive so if volume is an issue for you Borla might be the answer. I just wanted the most aggressive exhaust I could get lol.

I went with the AEV 0FG exhaust it sounds amazing and the K&N Blackhawk Intake. Technically since the Blackhawk isn't a closed box it's not a true CAI but it adds power and sounds great and K&N is a trusted product for me.
Thanks. Was it a noticeable amount of power? And did you notice an increase in throttle response? I've heard some people swear by intakes and also have heard people say that they don't actually increase performance.

I have a buddy with the Borla have heard it side by side with the AEV they both sound great. The AEV is louder and more aggressive so if volume is an issue for you Borla might be the answer. I just wanted the most aggressive exhaust I could get lol.
Great input, much appreciated brother!

Thanks. Was it a noticeable amount of power? And did you notice an increase in throttle response? I've heard some people swear by intakes and also have heard people say that they don't actually increase performance.
I installed both same time so I feel like the power was noticeable, however can't tell from which one or both since same time install. For me it is more of a sound thing if your truck makes 420+ horsepower depending on upgrades it shouldn't sound like a Prius lol. As far as throttle response goes get the Ultimate 9 throttle controller it is amazing all this drive by wire crap sucks stock and you can really feel that upgrade big time. I have one on my ZR2 and on my wife's Camaro. Search Ultimate 9 on this forum we have talked about them extensively.

I installed both same time so I feel like the power was noticeable, however can't tell from which one or both since same time install. For me it is more of a sound thing if your truck makes 420+ horsepower depending on upgrades it shouldn't sound like a Prius lol. As far as throttle response goes get the Ultimate 9 throttle controller it is amazing all this drive by wire crap sucks stock and you can really feel that upgrade big time. I have one on my ZR2 and on my wife's Camaro. Search Ultimate 9 on this forum we have talked about them extensively.
Yeah i've been very underwhelmed with the sound of the stock exhaust haha. Thanks for the input brother! I'll definitely check out that Ultimate 9.

Just read my signature :D You don't need a CAI or have to spend the money on a full cat-back system. Several options that you would be very happy with while saving you a boat load of cash.

Just read my signature :D You don't need a CAI or have to spend the money on a full cat-back system. Several options that you would be very happy with while saving you a boat load of cash.
Would you mind enlightening me on such options?:)

I did the Borla from the factory and added a S&B intake. Did them at same time, hard to tell if there was a difference in power/ sound, but it has to help. Love the sound of the Borla. Pretty loud on initial startup, but settles down after the first 30 seconds, then sounds awesome like a V8 should, IMO.

I did the Borla from the factory and added a S&B intake. Did them at same time, hard to tell if there was a difference in power/ sound, but it has to help. Love the sound of the Borla. Pretty loud on initial startup, but settles down after the first 30 seconds, then sounds awesome like a V8 should, IMO.
Just an FYI...the Borla is installed at your dealership...not the factory.

Is there a chance someone with the stitched ZR2 headrests could post a pic of them in the truck? I really like the way they look by themselves, just want to see them installed.

Is there a chance someone with the stitched ZR2 headrests could post a pic of them in the truck? I really like the way they look by themselves, just want to see them installed.
ZR2 Headrests A.jpg

I see your running the AEM dry flow filter! I have several years and a few vehicles running those. I clean them every 5000 miles and they held up and performed very well. Blow them out, soak them in the sink in warm water with a couple drops of dish soap and rinse them out. A little dry time and your back in business.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back