Running boards for ZR2

newsilveradozr2

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm about to take deilvery of a ZR2 that has nothing on it by way of running board/steps. I've been looking on Amazon and other websites to purchase something (AMP RESEARCH POWER STEP RUNNING BOARDS as an example).

There's nothing special about the 2022 Silverado 1500 ZR2 that would make certain parts not fit, correct? Some of the websites just list the fit criteria as a 2022 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box, but there's nothing to further specify trim. Would items that fit a 2021 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box work as well?

This does bring up some other questions about accessories that I've also had. Does anyone know if the only thing changed on the exterior of the ZR2 is the hood and grille area? For example, ordering something like Weathertech floormats? Running boards would have the same Crew-cab dimensions as a 2021 model, I assume?

This does bring up some other questions about accessories that I've also had. Does anyone know if the only thing changed on the exterior of the ZR2 is the hood and grille area? For example, ordering something like Weathertech floormats? Running boards would have the same Crew-cab dimensions as a 2021 model, I assume?
I'm not 100% on this one, but I think the interior dimensions are the same from the previous year

Hi there. I'm about to take deilvery of a ZR2 that has nothing on it by way of running board/steps. I've been looking on Amazon and other websites to purchase something (AMP RESEARCH POWER STEP RUNNING BOARDS as an example).

There's nothing special about the 2022 Silverado 1500 ZR2 that would make certain parts not fit, correct? Some of the websites just list the fit criteria as a 2022 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box, but there's nothing to further specify trim. Would items that fit a 2021 Silverado 1500 crew cab short box work as well?
Ordered AMP RESEARCH POWER STEP RUNNING BOARDS for my ZR2. Putting them on this weekend--will post pics...

I'm going to be ordering mine today now that my truck got delivered yesterday (see pic)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 10.33.19.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 10.33.19.png
    440.1 KB · Views: 613
Any updates on the AMP's? I have mine sitting in my garage waiting.
I'm not a fan of having to drill through the floorboards, especially in a state with salt on the roads. Seems like I'm alone on this one# though.

Anyone know if boards from a 2021 will fit? I found a guy who took his off for cheap locally but want to confirm before buying.

There is a YouTube video that says the AMP steps won’t work on a ZR2. AMP is allegedly working on updating their electronics.

Any updates on the AMP's? I have mine sitting in my garage waiting.
The control module will not work with the new 22 GM tech package. AMP does not make a compatible module yet. Sent my Powersteps back...sucks!

Anyone know if boards from a 2021 will fit? I found a guy who took his off for cheap locally but want to confirm before buying.
It is my understanding that there are no changes to the frame or structural part of the cab/body where steps would mount. You should be fine with any steps that aren't power.

Since the refresh trucks have the new Global B electrical architecture, most of the pre-refresh electronic accessories(that don't just plug into 12v power) won't work.

It is my understanding that there are no changes to the frame or structural part of the cab/body where steps would mount. You should be fine with any steps that aren't power.

Since the refresh trucks have the new Global B electrical architecture, most of the pre-refresh electronic accessories(that don't just plug into 12v power) won't work.
Perfect…thank you.

Anyone have these running boards/steps?I I haven’t found any locally. My 7yo struggles to get in! Lol
BD067522-FC5A-4DD4-AEF3-E12D4EFC3D44.jpeg

Anyone have these running boards/steps?I I haven’t found any locally. My 7yo struggles to get in! LolView attachment 152
I've ordered a few trucks with them. They're somewhat hard to get right now. Have you checked with your local dealership to see if they can order a set?

There are a lot of aftermarket options available if you can't find the GM steps.

ECEFE20C-6AF8-4C27-9B4A-26531CEFE490.jpeg

I reached out to Rough country and Rolling big power, rolling big power is the only one that replied:
Good morning and thanks for the note.
We have been out of steps for a while.
It looks that new shipments will be coming in starting in late June.
Info we have is the underside of the truck is the same. Even with that info we need to re-fit to be sure.
In our case we do not use the OEM electronics so changes to vehicles affect us less than others.

Anyone confirm/deny whether the AMP research steps work on a 22 zr2?

Anyone confirm/deny whether the AMP research steps work on a 22 zr2?
If Amps website still says they won’t work, that’s your answer. They’re going to have to develop a module or something to work with the new GM Global B electrical architecture that these trucks have.

I called AMP support last week and was told it will be at least 6 months for their steps to be compatible with the refresh OBD. I also called RBP and confirmed their retractable step will work since they are not connected to the ZR2’s OBD, however, they are experience a supply shortage until sometime in July.

I'm not familiar with Rolling Big Power - what's the difference between the RBP and the Amp in functionality? If the RBP is more basic (in the fact that it doesn't need to connect to the OBD), what functionality do you lose that the AMP has?

At this point July isn't that far away, but December is...

Most Member Reactions

Back