Running Boards

JPowell

Reaction score
When I purchased my zr2 it came with rocker protectors. I would like to add running boards due to my wife having a bad hip. Is this possible without removing the rocker bars?

When I purchased my zr2 it came with rocker protectors. I would like to add running boards due to my wife having a bad hip. Is this possible without removing the rocker bars?

Might look at the high clearance steps on the Chevy accessories site. They will probably give you some protection but I don’t know if they would be too tall for the wife. Maybe look at your local Chevy or GMC Dealer for a ZR2 or AT4X with the high clearance steps so you could see them in person and have your wife try them.

Might look at the high clearance steps on the Chevy accessories site. They will probably give you some protection but I don’t know if they would be too tall for the wife. Maybe look at your local Chevy or GMC Dealer for a ZR2 or AT4X with the high clearance steps so you could see them in person and have your wife try them.
They sit pretty high. On the HD it is still a big step up. These are the GM site ones.
You can get them online too and save about 300 on install.

Attachments

• IMG_4446.jpeg
    IMG_4446.jpeg
    440.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4405.jpeg
    IMG_4405.jpeg
    581.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4398.jpeg
    IMG_4398.jpeg
    594.8 KB · Views: 19
There are steps that are available as add ons to the rocksliders. They hang pretty low but if you only do speed bump crawling it will be fine. There's a thread on them

I have the high clearance off road assist steps as well. They have a nice grip finish. But they do sit pretty high up. My mother in law with some knee issues would need assistance getting in and out the truck.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back