Silverado 1500 Getting Towed

AXE

Reaction score
Interesting video, this guy says he tows a lot of these trucks for bad FPCM and dead computers. We all know that, but it's Interesting to see his opinion.

He's a great recovery guy. Seems to know his equipment and had the technique down. I hope it's someone like this if I need a tow.

Interesting video, this guy says he tows a lot of these trucks for bad FPCM and dead computers. We all know that, but it's Interesting to see his opinion.

He's a great recovery guy. Seems to know his equipment and had the technique down. I hope it's someone like this if I need a tow.

Pretty interesting, one dude tows “several a week” - doesn’t give ya the warm fuzzies.

Lol I shared this same video a while back in the comment section on one of pickup truck talks videos. Chevy 1500 known issues. They never mentioned lifters or fuel module failures. I pointed that out in the comments and he responded with the lifters were just a bad run from a manufacturer back in 2021, lol. I also pointed out the issue with the shifter not having a manual release. This video illustrates both the fuel module failure and the issue with the electronic shifter.

Check this out. 2024 Silverado Blown Motor @ 300 miles :)

Pretty interesting, one dude tows “several a week” - doesn’t give ya the warm fuzzies.
Looks to me like he hauls for the dealer...... good business I guess.

I've never given a thought to reliability with any truck. This one does make me occasionally think about it when I'm in the fast lane on freeway in heavy traffic.

Only time I've ever been sitting on the side of the road was running my S10 out of gas in 1988 and my 2015 Duramax going into limp mode over a DEF temp sensor. Never been towed. Farmer gave me a couple gallons of fuel and I made it to my next town. On the Duramax, I cleared the code and got back moving, but it was 150 miles from home towing my camper so it was a stressfull tow home.

I've never given a thought to reliability with any truck. This one does make me occasionally think about it when I'm in the fast lane on freeway in heavy traffic.

Only time I've ever been sitting on the side of the road was running my S10 out of gas in 1988 and my 2015 Duramax going into limp mode over a DEF temp sensor. Never been towed. Farmer gave me a couple gallons of fuel and I made it to my next town. On the Duramax, I cleared the code and got back moving, but it was 150 miles from home towing my camper so it was a stressfull tow home.
I’m not worried my friend, will be what it will be.

but I am not impressed with the continual price hikes and record profits combined with long running issues like lifters, brittle paint, cutting out infotainment, etc. just my $.02

I’m not worried my friend, will be what it will be.

but I am not impressed with the continual price hikes and record profits combined with long running issues like lifters, brittle paint, cutting out infotainment, etc. just my $.02
GM needs your cash to fund their bloated EV program that nobody wants. AL Gore and John Kerry appreciate your business.

Now go pay your taxes. We got illegals to feed and water, and we need another T $ to finish leveling Ukraine, Palestine, and Iran. Politicians and Wall Street appreciate your business too, so they can "Build Back Better"!

Last edited:

That's pretty wild Axe that you have never had to get towed. I can't say the same lol. I'm not sure how many times but it's been few. Heck my first truck at age 16 slung a rod going down the road. I might have had a license for 6 months before I got to ride shotgun in a tow truck.

I didn't really trust my 1500. With people having random major failures and the fact you can't get them in neutral just didn't sit well with me. I have a car hauler. So do a few of my friends. It's really not a big deal to go get someone who breaks down far from home. But a trailer doesn't do much good if the truck won't roll. That makes a rollback the only option. Once you're a couple hours from home, that gets expensive and complicated pretty quickly. But I can definitely see how if you have never had to deal with those situations. You wouldn't give them much thought.

That's pretty wild Axe that you have never had to get towed. I can't say the same lol. I'm not sure how many times but it's been few. Heck my first truck at age 16 slung a rod going down the road. I might have had a license for 6 months before I got to ride shotgun in a tow truck.

I didn't really trust my 1500. With people having random major failures and the fact you can't get them in neutral just didn't sit well with me. I have a car hauler. So do a few of my friends. It's really not a big deal to go get someone who breaks down far from home. But a trailer doesn't do much good if the truck won't roll. That makes a rollback the only option. Once you're a couple hours from home, that gets expensive and complicated pretty quickly. But I can definitely see how if you have never had to deal with those situations. You wouldn't give them much thought.
At the farm in ND, we towed some trucks and equipment with nylon ropes back to the yard usually because of dead batteries or carb/fueling problems. I've had to load up a couple dirt bikes and snowmobiles. Never been in a tow truck. I'm not even sure there was a tow truck within 30 miles of my home town since late 80s when the last service station was converted to a convenience store.

I can relate. My 23 HC 6.2L took a crap on me towing an empty uhaul. I was using the SuperCruise when the motor went "pop".

Dealer was not sure what caused it but GM replaced my engine with a new one.

1000028964.jpg

LMFAO....... now this crazy bitch wants to reward Wall Street with more of your hard earned cash........quality, nah we got hedge funds to please!

She flat out states she's sticking it to people buying ICE vehicles to prop up EVs that were sucking hind tit in 2023 and will continue to do so.

LMFAO....... now this crazy bitch wants to reward Wall Street with more of your hard earned cash........quality, nah we got hedge funds to please!

She flat out states she's sticking it to people buying ICE vehicles to prop up EVs that were sucking hind tit in 2023 and will continue to do so.

Yep, she essentially just double confirmed my earlier point. I saw a TFL video where they are probably just trying to get click bait revenue about rumors of a 8 liter duramax, they named Megamax…guessing at numbers like 600+ HP, 1200+ TQ. The comments were full of “we don’t need more power, we need reliability”. I may just be getting old but completely agree, tuning solves the more power desire in the HDs.

Way too much money and politics at play anymore…

Reactions: AXE
Yep, she essentially just double confirmed my earlier point. I saw a TFL video where they are probably just trying to get click bait revenue about rumors of a 8 liter duramax, they named Megamax…guessing at numbers like 600+ HP, 1200+ TQ. The comments were full of “we don’t need more power, we need reliability”. I may just be getting old but completely agree, tuning solves the more power desire in the HDs.

Way too much money and politics at play anymore…
Yep. I seen that megamax video too and thought the same. They can't build motors that have been around for decades, but now we need another one. This whole economy is a house of cards but between GM and the dealers they will take advantage of it.

Most Member Reactions

Back