Silverado ZR2 MPG

I’d kill for that option. 300 miles until the light comes on is ridiculous.
I agree, This is probably my only real complaint about the truck. Biggest engine they offer in a half ton, largest AT tires, full lockers and skid plates. Best approach angles, aka no front spoil for aerodynamics. Most off road capable silverado, aka most likely to be in the middle of nowhere. Lol, hey let's stick the smallest gas tank we have on it... Also let's not let them have the option for the larger alternator offered in other trims. Not like anyone will camp or maybe overland in this truck.

Little hard to understand their reasoning. You can't even say money because it could have atleast been an option.

There's not bullshit about it. There is a ton of things that can effect gas milage. Wind, temperature, idle time, traffic, etc. But I guess you're the internet know-it-all right? How about this, next time I drive to Denver, I will personally hand calculate my milage just so you feel a little better. Oh, last night from work on the 20ish mi commute through town I averaged just over 18. Like I said, if you suck at driving just tell us.
There is always "that guy" on any internet forum that simply can't resist. Don't take it personal, opinions are free....enjoy the truck and whatever mileage you're getting, it truly doesn't matter as you're paying the bill, whether it's 10 or 20 or 30.

Last edited:
I agree, This is probably my only real complaint about the truck. Biggest engine they offer in a half ton, largest AT tires, full lockers and skid plates. Best approach angles, aka no front spoil for aerodynamics. Most off road capable silverado, aka most likely to be in the middle of nowhere. Lol, hey let's stick the smallest gas tank we have on it... Also let's not let them have the option for the larger alternator offered in other trims. Not like anyone will camp or maybe overland in this truck.

Little hard to understand their reasoning. You can't even say money because it could have atleast been an option
This has been a long standing problem with GM. Even back to the GMT900 days when the “normal” LTZ 6.2 was rated 12/15 or similarly abysmal EPA numbers. At least those tanks in CC/SB were 26 Vs 24 in these.

Chrysler and Ford got it right with the 33 and 36 gallon offerings. And have for YEARS.

Would be nice to keep my Sams Club trips bi-weekly for that 93.

There's not bullshit about it. There is a ton of things that can effect gas milage. Wind, temperature, idle time, traffic, etc. But I guess you're the internet know-it-all right? How about this, next time I drive to Denver, I will personally hand calculate my milage just so you feel a little better. Oh, last night from work on the 20ish mi commute through town I averaged just over 18. Like I said, if you suck at driving just tell us.
Thanks for the lecture, but curious, how old are you?
Daddy co-sign for you? I can also sling pointless insults.
JFC, sensitive group.

Last edited:
This has been a long standing problem with GM. Even back to the GMT900 days when the “normal” LTZ 6.2 was rated 12/15 or similarly abysmal EPA numbers. At least those tanks in CC/SB were 26 Vs 24 in these.

Chrysler and Ford got it right with the 33 and 36 gallon offerings. And have for YEARS.

Would be nice to keep my Sams Club trips bi-weekly for that 93.
Minimum should have been 27-28 gallon. Pretty crazy for an unloaded upper trim level truck not to have 380-400 mile range. I got spoiled with my Duramax and it's 36 gallon tank. To get less mileage and lose 12 gallons of capacity has been a bit rough.

They offer a 28.3 for rhe regular cab trucks. It would be nice if that was an option for the crew cab. Seems like there is plenty of room for the larger tank underneath.

Thanks for the lecture, but curious, how old are you?
Daddy co-sign for you? I can also sling pointless insults.
JFC, sensitive group.
Dude who’s being sensitive? You took “you suck at driving” as a pointless insult? You’re a special one aren’t you? Is that what you think that anyone with more common sense than you has “daddy” finance a vehicle for them. I was thinking of retiring in Montana…sure hope you don’t represent the population there. Have a nice day trying to troll others bud.

ZR2 mpg breaks my heart that it is so bad. I am waiting to get my new one after the 1st of the year (inheritance coming in planning on paying cash) :cool:. My truck I drive now is an "OLD" 98 Dodge Ram with a factory stock old school 318 2wd.
I migrated to where I live now from So-Cal some years back. I towed a car trailer with it with a camaro on it and everything I owned. (Think divorce and the ex, hating the race car.) My guess is the weight was over 6000lbs including the trailer and personal effects. The trip was 1650miles and I averaged 12 mpg. The truck had over 115,000mi on it when I made the trip. I hope my new ZR2 does better than that, But I am starting to have my doubts.

1500 miles 450 monitor rage average has been around 14.8 65% is short in town trips and I have the Borla exhaust too. The lowest short trip MPG I've seen on the 50 mile range monitor has been 12MPG and the highest with long freeway trips has been 19mpg.

Most Member Reactions

Back