Silverado ZR2 MPG

I expect it to get about the same as a 6.2L Trail Boss. My Trail Boss averages around 16-17. I've managed almost 21mpg hwy on long road trips. Duratracs suck for fuel economy.

i have a 6.2 gmc all terrain with a 2" level and i think 33" tires and i am averaging 14.7 mixed highway and local so i would think it will be about the same for the ZR2

14 city after 700 miles. It's about the same as my 5.3 in my 2014. It's about what I expected.

About 500 miles. Maybe 140 highway and the rest around town. Averaging 16

Keep it coming guys. I’m laughing to myself as my 09 5.3 struggles to maintain 14.5.

The improvement in efficiency with another liter and a hundred horsepower is almost unbelievable.

I have the Borla exhaust and just noticed yesterday that my mileage has slightly increased. 15.8 mostly all in town. Hard to keep foot out of it with the exhaust!!!!

I have the Borla exhaust and just noticed yesterday that my mileage has slightly increased. 15.8 mostly all in town. Hard to keep foot out of it with the exhaust!!!!
I was just about to ask the question, to Borla or not to Borla. Is it overwhelming in the cab? I have 2 kids and a wife that isn't about that noisy cabin.

Cold start is very Loud!!Cabin at cruising speed is quiet, not very noticeable. Push the pedal and it gets loud. Stop and go driving you are going to hear it. It does sound great.

10 speed trans helps
It's mainly the engines though. The current generation LT engines are much more efficient than the older 5.3s. My 2014 5.3L with a 6 speed auto would easily get 24-25mpg on the highway. That's the best I've ever gotten in a half ton V8.

These high oil prices will last years too! I think the day of cheap gas could be gone for a long time.

Most Member Reactions

Back