Skid Plate is bent

ZR2

Reaction score
Hey guys, well i had a rough off roading activity yesterday and my skid plate is bent. The bent plate is the second part right below the front part of the hood, its not the one at front where the recovery hooks neither its the one shielding the engine, anyone knows its part number?

Hey guys, well i had a rough off roading activity yesterday and my skid plate is bent. The bent plate is the second part right below the front part of the hood, its not the one at front where the recovery hooks neither its the one shielding the engine, anyone knows its part number?
Have you called your local parts department?

no pics?? check aftermarket. not sure but maybe something better. good luck. curious to what the market is like in SA.

I am on accessories site to order some for myself and did a quick search for you.

My search shows skid plate part is: GM # 85589118 and costs $382.03 and is "Out of Stock".

Still good idea to reach out to dealer and confirm for fitment before you order this part.
1000040359.jpg

😲 I am very curious to know about the trail that messed this skid plate up so bad for a replacement.

If it was mine, the part number would be mapp gas torch, three pound sledge hammer, dead blow hammer, concrete slab, some wooden blocks.

I've fixed a lot of skids that were mangled. If the metal is not stretched too bad, especially near the the attachment points, you might be able to fix it. You'll still have the rash, but won't feel as bad when it happens again.

Last edited:
I don’t think it would take much. I believe they are aluminum because mine came off for the BDS lift and I was surprised at how light they were when I grabbed it because I told the off-road shop to give me back everything. I ended up throwing them away. Fortunately the BDS skid plates are steel. I doubt there are aftermarket steel skid plates yet but I wouldn’t replace with the same OEM aluminum. Just melt down some beer cans, that’s the quality GM gave us.

I don’t think it would take much. I believe they are aluminum because mine came off for the BDS lift and I was surprised at how light they were when I grabbed it because I told the off-road shop to give me back everything. I ended up throwing them away. Fortunately the BDS skid plates are steel. I doubt there are aftermarket steel skid plates yet but I wouldn’t replace with the same OEM aluminum. Just melt down some beer cans, that’s the quality GM gave us.
Yeap save weight and money and then BUY Bison marketing.

I don't recall which truck it was on one of the YT review where the underbody engine skid plate was plastic but other skids were all steel lol

😂😂 i really hope it didn’t affect anything underneath you reckon ?
There are some subframe supports under under there, you'll easily see it when you pull them. It would be harder to bend those vs those flimsy fascia and faux skid. I think you might have a harder time bending that fascia piece back into place with all the curves. You see it much more than the faux skid.

You can find my thread on pulling that front fascia piece when I Line-Xd mine. It is really a PIA to remove with lots of fasteners, some are hard to get to. May want to pull the grill first.

There are some subframe supports under under there, you'll easily see it when you pull them. It would be harder to bend those vs those flimsy fascia and faux skid. I think you might have a harder time bending that fascia piece back into place with all the curves. You see it much more than the faux skid.

You can find my thread on pulling that front fascia piece when I Line-Xd mine. It is really a PIA to remove with lots of fasteners, some are hard to get to. May want to pull the grill first.
Thank you my man

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back