Steering Wheel Radio Control???

Yup. It disappeared the next time I started the truck. Actually, I have had various issues pop up because of electrical gremlins since I first started the truck for the first time. So far, with the exception of the speakers deciding they were going to give me the silent treatment for a second or two, these issues resolve themselves with a power down reset. Hmm… just realized I’m basically driving a mid-2000’s Samsung phone. Yay. 🤣

I think these systems are extremely complex, likely millions of lines of code to make them operate, and tons of subroutines to handle all kinds of flags like lowering the audio when a call comes in or when your nav has an alert of some kind (or the system THINKS it does). I think this is akin to our cell phones, it isn't unusual that they screw up from time to time, it's more amazing that they work as well as they do most of the time. This stuff doesn't get federally mandated 5 9's of reliability put on it, but overall they do pretty good and should get better over time as GM works on bugs. I guess we will see.

steering wheel radio controls are working fine. commute home was np. gonna chalk up to another software glich.
It has happened to me maybe 2 times, once on the old RST and once on the ZR2, I used the right hand steering wheels controls to go to audio control, and then switch sources and switch back, bingo boingo, back in business. Maybe try that.

anybody having an issue changing channels from steering wheel? mine are inop. started this morning in way to work.
steering wheel radio channel buttons are inop again. worked fine on commute in. parked and waited to exit. no response from buttons. i have no idea. i bet they work when i leave work like last time. no rhyme or reason.

I bet a reset/reboot would fix it (in park press and hold the Hangup Call button till reset occurs, 10-30 seconds), but it sure would be nice to figure out the sequence (if there is one) that caused it. Usually when these things happen repeatedly there is some sequence of events, button presses, timing, SOMETHING, that can be figured out to reproduce the issue constantly and that info can be instrumental to helping the software engineers find and fix the issue.

I bet a reset/reboot would fix it (in park press and hold the Hangup Call button till reset occurs, 10-30 seconds), but it sure would be nice to figure out the sequence (if there is one) that caused it. Usually when these things happen repeatedly there is some sequence of events, button presses, timing, SOMETHING, that can be figured out to reproduce the issue constantly and that info can be instrumental to helping the software engineers find and fix the issue.
i tried reboot as i exited to go into work....no good. as i expected, i split at 2pm and buttons worked fine. guess i will have dealer chk next visit. 2nd time in about 2 weeks. never happened before. weird. something about driving 30 minutes and then parking with engine running. not a big deal.

Yup. It disappeared the next time I started the truck. Actually, I have had various issues pop up because of electrical gremlins since I first started the truck for the first time. So far, with the exception of the speakers deciding they were going to give me the silent treatment for a second or two, these issues resolve themselves with a power down reset. Hmm… just realized I’m basically driving a mid-2000’s Samsung phone. Yay. 🤣
Hope you didn't just jinx yourself lol :ROFLMAO:

mine is the same, if i manually hit a station then the steering wheel controls will work again, its like this GM radio has the processor from the Commodore 64 computer its so slow it really is painful and the climate controls are just as bad, my 2021 RST had none of these problems and worked flawlessly, GM should go back to that software

anybody having an issue changing channels from steering wheel? mine are inop. started this morning in way to work.
Just had this happen to me the other day...I didn't think twice about it and just put it to the truck not being driven much. I shut off the truck and restarted it....went back to normal.....weird.

mine is the same, if i manually hit a station then the steering wheel controls will work again, its like this GM radio has the processor from the Commodore 64 computer its so slow it really is painful and the climate controls are just as bad, my 2021 RST had none of these problems and worked flawlessly, GM should go back to that software
i agree but its been fine up until a few weeks ago. i have a 22 i bought in 23 so its a year old. weird is right.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back