Steering wheel unthreading

Kyle zr2

Reaction score
Hi Guys, new to this forum. But figured this may help me.

I bought a ZR2 2 weeks ago, and on the third day the steering wheel stitching started to come undone. Since it's a brand new truck I made an appointment at the dealership near me to get a warranty claim. The lady also told me that apparently this is super common with brand new Silverados
GM denied the claim, said it looked to be cut. the truck had less than 400 miles on it... it's also at like 11-11:30 on the wheel. I dont know about you but thats not even a spot that I hold the wheel at.

Has anyone else had this problem? it seems to be getting worse everyday and I cant believe that GM denied this

I bought a ZR2 2 weeks ago, and on the third day the steering wheel stitching started to come undone. Since it's a brand new truck I made an appointment at the dealership near me to get a warranty claim. The lady also told me that apparently this is super common with brand new Silverados
GM denied the claim, said it looked to be cut. the truck had less than 400 miles on it... it's also at like 11-11:30 on the wheel. I dont know about you but thats not even a spot that I hold the wheel at.

Has anyone else had this problem? it seems to be getting worse everyday and I cant believe that GM denied this
Personally, I would at least try a different dealer if that’s semi-reasonable for you.

i would call GM corporate. how did dealer prove it was cut? worth a shot.

I believe dealer has to send pictures of certain Items that to GM. For pre-approval before work can performed or they won't pay the claim.

Reactions: AXE
Sounds like a BS move by GM. It could have easily been "cut" during shipping, installation, transport, PDI, or anytime in between.

Can't believe they are even hassling you! Good job GM.

Had this same issue. Took pictures, sent to my sales guy, and he lined it up. Had to end up replacing the entire steering wheel but no questions asked and just brought it once the steering wheel came in.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back