Sunroof and phone charging

APHZR2

Reaction score
Just picked up today, found it at a small dealer in eastern Colorado Wednesday afternoon, could not be happier so far. Started searching a couple weeks ago, learned what I’m sure all of you already knew, not easy to find. Found one in Durango, Colorado, dark ash gray, made the deal and agreed to meet halfway – the salesman hit a deer 20 miles outside Durango on his way to deliver it to me. I found this one online the next day and was able to get it under MSRP. I feel really fortunate after striking out in Idaho, Utah, Nebraska, and even Iowa.
Sort of an inconsequential question… all the reviews and forums I’ve read, each ZR2 had a sunroof and the button on the console to roll down all the windows at the same time, mine has neither. I thought those things were standard? Anyone else find the phone charge pad working inconsistently with an iPhone?

Just picked up today, found it at a small dealer in eastern Colorado Wednesday afternoon, could not be happier so far. Started searching a couple weeks ago, learned what I’m sure all of you already knew, not easy to find. Found one in Durango, Colorado, dark ash gray, made the deal and agreed to meet halfway – the salesman hit a deer 20 miles outside Durango on his way to deliver it to me. I found this one online the next day and was able to get it under MSRP. I feel really fortunate after striking out in Idaho, Utah, Nebraska, and even Iowa.
Sort of an inconsequential question… all the reviews and forums I’ve read, each ZR2 had a sunroof and the button on the console to roll down all the windows at the same time, mine has neither. I thought those things were standard? Anyone else find the phone charge pad working inconsistently with an iPhone?
The sunroof is an option. One of about 3 you can pick from. Aside from colors.

The “all down” button is normally on the Piano keys on the dash but it’s location is taken up by the locking differential switches.

iPhones are terrible for wireless charging in these trucks. Android’s have user adjustable settings in the menu to make the charging more consistent.

The “all down” button is normally on the Piano keys on the dash but it’s location is taken up by the locking differential switches.

iPhones are terrible for wireless charging in these trucks. Android’s have user adjustable settings in the menu to make the charging more consistent.
Thanks!

No issues with the wireless charging on my 13 pro max, even with a case. If you have a case, it could be interfering with the wireless charging. I use a Spigen Tough Armor and it works fine.

The location of the charging connection on the truck necessitates putting the iPhone in head first. If you'll do that it should connect every time. I had the same issue until I figured that out. That also makes it handy when you grab the phone as you pick it up from the bottom.

My iphone 13 pro max has always charged just fine in the wireless tray.

The location of the charging connection on the truck necessitates putting the iPhone in head first. If you'll do that it should connect every time. I had the same issue until I figured that out. That also makes it handy when you grab the phone as you pick it up from the bottom.
Good advice. I’ll try that.

My 13 pro and now 14 pro love to start and stop. I have a case but it’s made for “MagSafe” who knows.
I’ve tried taking case off, putting it in top down - yet it still goes on and off constantly. Super frustrating. Thanks!

I have a partial remedy for the iPhone charging issue. I have the 14 pro and was having the same issues as everyone else where the charging would come on and go off. I found two issues that I semi-corrected and made much better. The rubber lining for the charging tray, I pulled that off and cut off the 4 "support" ribs that were molded on the back. This allowed the phone to sit slightly closer to the charger. I then took about .75" of black rubber molding (sticky on one side), cut it to fit, and placed it on the bottom of the charging well. This pushed the phone up by that much and now the phone makes contact with the charger and continuously charges ~90% of the time. You can't tell that I even did anything unless you are looking for it. Not a full solution, but until I can figure out how to make it a MagSafe charger, it will do for now.

I have a partial remedy for the iPhone charging issue. I have the 14 pro and was having the same issues as everyone else where the charging would come on and go off. I found two issues that I semi-corrected and made much better. The rubber lining for the charging tray, I pulled that off and cut off the 4 "support" ribs that were molded on the back. This allowed the phone to sit slightly closer to the charger. I then took about .75" of black rubber molding (sticky on one side), cut it to fit, and placed it on the bottom of the charging well. This pushed the phone up by that much and now the phone makes contact with the charger and continuously charges ~90% of the time. You can't tell that I even did anything unless you are looking for it. Not a full solution, but until I can figure out how to make it a MagSafe charger, it will do for now.
This. The problem with iPhones is the camera bump. The reason the iPhone maxes aren’t having the issue is their cameras sit outside the mat. I did the same thing as ColoradoZR2 and cut a 3/4” x 3/4” x the width of the charger piece of wood and put it at the bottom of the mat. This pushes the iPhone up to where the camera bump is beyond the mat.

I was experiencing intermittent iPhone charging issues as well, until I cut a small 1/4" inch piece of foam and put it at the bottom of the wireless charging area. I place my iPhone in the wireless charging station now (and it sits on top of the foam) and works fine now. I guess my phone (iPhone 12 Pro) needed to be lifted a little to make a solid connection. Easy fix tho.

Most Member Reactions

Back