Tailgate issues leads to stop sale. Anyone have this issue?

Neither is mine :)
I think it only applies to HDs..... not sure what the difference would be. However, the HD bed is two inches less in depth than the 1500. Maybe that's messing with the internals of the tailgate.

I read it as HD only, I hope so because I'm driving 600 miles Monday to pick up my 1500 ZR2. better check tomorrow just to be sure.

When I was at my dealer a few weeks ago the service guy told me my 2023 1500 Bison has a tailgate recall. The service guy said there isn't a fix, but wanted me to know about the recall. The recall isn't showing in the app, but they said it was there.

Reactions: AXE
When I was at my dealer a few weeks ago the service guy told me my 2023 1500 Bison has a tailgate recall. The service guy said there isn't a fix, but wanted me to know about the recall. The recall isn't showing in the app, but they said it was there.
When I go in for service I usually all them to verify any applicable recalls.

Parts production for this fix will take forever. They first address new production so sales can resume, then address the other 800,000 and growing!

sorry i dont, the black bezel with the tailkgate buttons on it just pops out and need pushed back to clip in, not sure what causes it to pop out
I have noticed mine does that too if I stand on the tailgate in the center. Seems a little flimsy that it flexes that much. So I try to stay on one side of the other.

That's so funny... I brought mine in last week to have that looked at, along with other issues. They couldn't find anything wrong, and made no mention of this. Mine did it the first time I ever stood on the open tailgate. You can feel it shift under your feet...

Most Member Reactions

Back