TFL Truck Videos on the ZR2

Sgt Beavis

Founding Member
Reaction score
Taking Delivery

ZR2 Deep Dive:

TFL Talk: Did Chevy Do Enough on the ZR2?
This one is more of a comparison with the Raptor and TRX. I didn't watch the whole thing.

ZR2 Review, on a lift

Honestly, after watching the last video. I'm wondering if I want a ZR2. IMO, GM kinda cheaped out on the suspension. It looks like a spacer lift in the rear and the shock mountings are definitely not in a good position for rock crawling. The front arms look fairly weak as well. I haven't changed my mind yet. I'm going to look at what mods I'll need to make to fit my needs.

It's a spacer lift, just like the Trail Boss. It's essentially just a beefed up suspension Trail Boss with LTZ interior.

lol, they didn't cheap out. They made an off road truck also be a daily driver.

Last edited:
Cheaped out? The suspension (and the NA V8) is why I want this truck. The spool-valve shocks are fcking amazing.

I just put a Dynamax Ultraflo on mine so I'm constantly reminded why I bought this truck over a Raptor even though the Raptor smokes it in 0-60. You just can't beat that NA V8.

I'd rather arrive late but in style instead of pumping fake noise out of a 3.5L with twin turbos.

Everyone asks me about my ZR2 and I haven't stopped saying good morning to it since I bought it. The interior is perfect (just my opinion) and I've been waiting on this blue color for a long time. Chevy's dark blue is also beautiful but not many manufacturers out there get the light blue correct. This truck's color changes throughout the day and depending on sun angles. It's a beautiful blue.

I just put a Dynamax Ultraflo on mine so I'm constantly reminded why I bought this truck over a Raptor even though the Raptor smokes it in 0-60. You just can't beat that NA V8.

I'd rather arrive late but in style instead of pumping fake noise out of a 3.5L with twin turbos.

Everyone asks me about my ZR2 and I haven't stopped saying good morning to it since I bought it. The interior is perfect (just my opinion) and I've been waiting on this blue color for a long time. Chevy's dark blue is also beautiful but not many manufacturers out there get the light blue correct. This truck's color changes throughout the day and depending on sun angles. It's a beautiful blue.

not making excuses here because the zr2 is not faster but that race was at altitude where a turbo motor wont be handicapped as much. 1 thing i don't get is gm's decision to go with a 3.23 rear end

What dynamax specs did you go with? I got the blue as well, should be receiving it very soon. Glad to hear you love it!

This video they did blew me away. The ZR2 front lockers in action.
This truck continually impresses, despite not having the cliche' "must haves" for off road performance like 35's, long travel, wide body, 4:11 gears, and "high horsepower".

Whattayaknow, it does what the other trucks do, without being designed to compete with those other trucks.

This truck continually impresses, despite not having the cliche' "must haves" for off road performance like 35's, long travel, wide body, 4:11 gears, and "high horsepower".

Whattayaknow, it does what the other trucks do, without being designed to compete with those other trucks.
The video really showed what the ZR2 is capable of.

Most Member Reactions

Back