The Grass Isn't Greener

Hello all. It's been a while since I posted here. I just wanted to let you all know that the Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ZR2 was a very special vehicle. I took for granted just how refined it was. The 6.2 absolutely purred with the Borla exhaust, and the infotainment systems were seamless. The cameras were incredible. The reliability was superb, I put 8k miles on mine in just 2 months, took it on level 3 offroad courses without breaking a sweat in Hot Springs, AR, and plenty of road trips.

I traded her in on a factory-ordered Ram 1500 TRX. I regret it. The ~4s 0-60mph is intoxicating and thrilling, for about a week. The cameras are potatoes. I experienced critical brake failure at 300 miles on the odometer because the factory and dealer failed to discover a missing brakeline bracket. The Bilstein active dampening system may be great for high speed desert running, but feel daft on the road compared to the Multimatic shocks on the ZR2. The Uconnect system is a joke, without fail it cuts out at least once on any trip longer than 10 minutes, it comes back but it's just poorly implemented. The infotainment screen is laggy and feels dated. The leather and seat quality are superb, and may be the only thing I truly like more on the Ram than the ZR2, but everything else is just underwhelming.

I'll be keeping an eye out for ZR2 news, would love to see a supercharged version offered from the factory, the Bison is not exciting to me though. Appreciate your trucks! The hood insert rubbing is not the end of the world.
That's a shame! The TRX is my favorite truck. I didn't want to spend an extra $20 K for the level 2 equipment like the ZR2 has already on it. It seems most people online at least, have had good luck with the Ram trucks. I probably know at least 20 people that have Rams & Wranglers and they have been excellent. Personally I have had three Dodge / Ram trucks and two Wranglers. I put a 6.4 liter Hemi in one of them. i guess we have been lucky. I love the 6.2liter supercharged Hemi, and it seems that very few vehicles have conquered it so far. I'm glad you are getting back in the ZR2 that you want. Good to see you on the forum.

this credit racket is one hell of a scheme. i paid my truck off in 7 months and my score went down. ridiculous lol.
That's because they DON'T want you to pay off your loans, they just want to see you make your payments each month and keep your debt ratio at "acceptable" levels.

More factors play into credit then not paying off loans. Having too much debt is also a negative hit. Having multiple short term or new loans dramatically lowers the average age of your credit.

Which also greatly impacts your score.

35% is payment history, 30% is amounts owed, 15% is length of credit history, 10% is new credit applied for and 10% is types of credit used.

If you slam your credit with multiple pulls and multiple large vehicle loans (and pay them off by trading into a new vehicle) that is equal or greater then you’re combined credit from other accounts (credit cards) your score will tank based on the weighted scale.

More factors play into credit then not paying off loans. Having too much debt is also a negative hit. Having multiple short term or new loans dramatically lowers the average age of your credit.

Which also greatly impacts your score.

35% is payment history, 30% is amounts owed, 15% is length of credit history, 10% is new credit applied for and 10% is types of credit used.

If you slam your credit with multiple pulls and multiple large vehicle loans (and pay them off by trading into a new vehicle) that is equal or greater then you’re combined credit from other accounts (credit cards) your score will tank based on the weighted scale.
Sounds like you know quite a lot about this subject. I know very little and it can be frustrating!

My buddy just got a TRX and I was really disappointed with the speed of the infotainment screen. Lots of delays... just not something I would expect from a car interface.

My buddy just got a TRX and I was really disappointed with the speed of the infotainment screen. Lots of delays... just not something I would expect from a car interface.
I think a lot of the problem with a screen this large is all the functions go through the info -tainment center. This function with hardly any knobs really creates the complexity. I like the fact that our trucks retain manual controls for heat & AC, seat heaters, etc. My friends with the smaller screens in their Jeeps / Rams don't seem to have these issues.

I think a lot of the problem with a screen this large is all the functions go through the info -tainment center. This function with hardly any knobs really creates the complexity. I like the fact that our trucks retain manual controls for heat & AC, seat heaters, etc. My friends with the smaller screens in their Jeeps / Rams don't seem to have these issues.

I like physical buttons for the stuff used often as well. My 2020 Jeep screen runs plenty fast. Never had any speed issues with it. So yeah, the bigger one they just haven't ironed out yet or they didn't use fast enough CPU/GPU cuz it's terrible.

Most Member Reactions

Back