Tire rub with stock tires

Leon L

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2024 Gas HD with less than 2K miles on it. I just discovered that when the tires are turned hard right and I back up, the left front tire (driver side) rubs the inner front fender well. The right one is close as well but doesn't rub. I would have thought this should not be an issue since it supposedly can clear tire cables if needed.
Anyone have any ideas why? I know when I take it in for its first service I will mention this. Thanks.

Attachments

• Tire rub.jpg
    Tire rub.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 23
Mine had tons of clearance and when I test fit a 37 inch Toyo MT it still had clearance. Others are running 37s and say no problem.

I would park it on hard smooth surface level ground and measure from wheel well to ground on each corner. It may be that you're sitting too low on that corner.

I raised my front a little bit by cranking the torsion bars. I've got a post about it with measurements. You might need to to the same to get it squared and raised.

Mine had tons of clearance and when I test fit a 37 inch Toyo MT it still had clearance. Others are running 37s and say no problem.

I would park it on hard smooth surface level ground and measure from wheel well to ground on each corner. It may be that you're sitting too low on that corner.

I raised my front a little bit by cranking the torsion bars. I've got a post about it with measurements. You might need to to the same to get it squared and raised.
always good info AXE.

Thanks AXE, I search for your video and do that. But wouldn't it still rub if it was flexed and turned?

Reactions: AXE
Thanks AXE, I search for your video and do that. But wouldn't it still rub if it was flexed and turned?
I don't know for sure, but something doesn't seem right. These wheel wells have a lot of clearance. Probably the largest I've seen on a Chevrolet. If you just check those measurements to see if they are same on the fronts and same on the rears it'll help you determine if that's the problem.

You could have a bumper or quarter panel out of alignment. Also there are support sub frames behind the wheel well cover something could have been misplaced and is pushing the liner out too far.

My rear bumper was very crooked on the passenger side. Many are like that.

I would plan on a trip to the dealer too. At least get it documented.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back