Trail Boss to ZR2

DuckyDJ

Reaction score
Hello friends...

Here's my story:
Friday, May 27th, I ordered a 2022 LT Trail Boss in sand dune metallic with some packages.
At that time, I didn't know about the Silverado ZR2.
Recently, I stumbled onto a Silverado ZR2 ad or picture or something. I researched and studied up on it.
It dawned on me that the price of the ZR2 wasn't that much more than what my TB came to with all the packages.
I stopped at my dealership yesterday to work with my sales guy to change my order from TB to ZR2.
My sales guy and I both learned that GM/Chevy is not taking any more orders that include 6.2 engines.
So, I will have to wait and order a 2023 ZR2 when ordering opens up for the 2023 ZR2s. ...is what they told me.

Does anyone know when ordering might open up for ordering a 2023 ZR2? My dealership thought mid-July I think.

And let's assume that I get my ZR2 order in on the day that ordering opens up - or very soon after (next day).
I welcome anyone's thoughts on a realistic timeline of when my order might be accepted, truck might be built, and truck delivered. :)

Maybe someone knows for sure but my dealer says mid July as well. the supply issues and demand overall seem to be pointing towards something more normal in the near future. but who knows.

I'm trying to order a ''23 in Dune myself and I can't even get an estimate on when to expect it or if I will.

It looks like there are some new colors in 2023 - and I would like to see those.
I imagine that Sand Dune may still win out, but I would at least like to see the new colors.

The two new ones are a silver and harvest bronze. I've tried to find out what harvest bronze looks like and all you can see is computer generated chip. really don't know yet but if it's like the fire bronze Ford had I'd really like it.

I stopped by my dealer yesterday and the pricing is up and you can place an order. he says he can confirm he does have an allocation for a zr2 and can place an order.

But nowhere can we find what harvest bronze looks like, and he says I only have 2 weeks to change my order if I like that color better than sand dune so I'm going to wait.

The price increase was not much over the '22. less than I expected.

The price increase was not much over the '22. less than I expected.
That depends on when the order was placed. The 2023 price is $2,400 higher than my 2022 order placed in April.

Also, there's no way your dealer has an allocation for 2023 right now. The first order week is 7/21 so no dealers have 2023 allocations yet.

But you can't expect to get a '23 for the same prices as a '22. even if there isn't any difference.

Don't know about the allocation he just said he could get it. they've never ordered one so maybe he knows he can, or maybe he doesn't know he just thinks he can .

I don't understand the last few posts. When I try, I do not see that I can build a 2023 Silverado ZR2. So, how can I order? Can the dealerships build?

Yes, my dealer had the order page and prices in front of us. he said he could submit it but I'm not sure if that means it's ordered, or if it's waiting to be accepted.

You will have to wait till GM picks it up.

That depends on when the order was placed. The 2023 price is $2,400 higher than my 2022 order placed in April.

Also, there's no way your dealer has an allocation for 2023 right now. The first order week is 7/21 so no dealers have 2023 allocations yet.
Thanks! I’ve been wondering what the date was. I’m going into my dealership that morning.

The one I had priced went up $1200 I think. and a '23 will book for more than that over a '22 in a few years so that's not really money lost.

The price increase is for one major update - it’s the new “service agreement” it started the beginning of July - you now get 3 years of OnStar and WiFi on board, to include Super Cruise, Google assistant, etc.

For us who got our 22 trucks before July we have to pay $50-$75 a month just to use our extras. Total BS if you ask me.

My trial just expired, I have no more Google Assistant or Google Maps, no more speed limit indicators in my HUD; unless I pay the monthly fee.

The price increase is for one major update - it’s the new “service agreement” it started the beginning of July - you now get 3 years of OnStar and WiFi on board, to include Super Cruise, Google assistant, etc.

For us who got our 22 trucks before July we have to pay $50-$75 a month just to use our extras. Total BS if you ask me.

My trial just expired, I have no more Google Assistant or Google Maps, no more speed limit indicators in my HUD; unless I pay the monthly fee.
THIS IS NOT ACCURATE!

Chevrolet is not doing this with Onstar. This is a GMC/Buick thing only.

Hello friends...

Here's my story:
Friday, May 27th, I ordered a 2022 LT Trail Boss in sand dune metallic with some packages.
At that time, I didn't know about the Silverado ZR2.
Recently, I stumbled onto a Silverado ZR2 ad or picture or something. I researched and studied up on it.
It dawned on me that the price of the ZR2 wasn't that much more than what my TB came to with all the packages.
I stopped at my dealership yesterday to work with my sales guy to change my order from TB to ZR2.
My sales guy and I both learned that GM/Chevy is not taking any more orders that include 6.2 engines.
So, I will have to wait and order a 2023 ZR2 when ordering opens up for the 2023 ZR2s. ...is what they told me.

Does anyone know when ordering might open up for ordering a 2023 ZR2? My dealership thought mid-July I think.

And let's assume that I get my ZR2 order in on the day that ordering opens up - or very soon after (next day).
I welcome anyone's thoughts on a realistic timeline of when my order might be accepted, truck might be built, and truck delivered. :)
Good luck man. got my allocation in april. Built may 13th and a vin 2 days l later. Its been sitting in mexico for 2 months now waiting for parts.

I agree it is BS that you need to pay a monthly fee to use all the google stuff, but you can at least get the maps and the speed limit sign back. Connect your truck to Wi-Fi, go to the google maps app, click the setting icon in the bottom left, select offline maps, and then set the area you want to download. Once that’s done google maps will work again and the speed limit sign will return. It does run more slowly this way than it does on a data plan, but at least it works.

I agree it is BS that you need to pay a monthly fee to use all the google stuff, but you can at least get the maps and the speed limit sign back. Connect your truck to Wi-Fi, go to the google maps app, click the setting icon in the bottom left, select offline maps, and then set the area you want to download. Once that’s done google maps will work again and the speed limit sign will return. It does run more slowly this way than it does on a data plan, but at least it works.
Thanks for the information, will do this asap, excellent news. I know it’s petty but the amount of cash spent by Google to be integrated in these trucks it should have been free.

When I try this it says that I can't use offline maps without a data plan and that downloaded maps have been deleted. Also I cannot sign in to google even using my android phone as it just gives me a message that says "something went wrong" and then times out and goes to the background. So I have not been able to even sign in to google.

Most Member Reactions

Back