Trail Boss to ZR2

Which part? The 3 years included or monthly fee? Would make sense to me because we have a 22 Yukon XL AT4 we had built that has the 3 years included and my 22 ZR2 does not.

Clarify for me.
I'm saying that the 2023 ZR2 price increase doesn't have anything to do with the Onstar plan as it's not going to be mandatory on Chevrolets like it is the GMCs.

GMC has the mandatory charge for the Onstar and Connected Services 3 year plans. Chevrolet is not increasing the price of the trucks because of this. It's added onto the window sticker of all 2022(built after a certain date) and 2023 GMCs.

OnStar and Connected Services Plan Availability And Cost
ModelTrim LevelsPrice
Buick EnclaveAll$1,500
Buick Encore GXAll$1,500
Buick EnvisionAll$1,500
GMC AcadiaAll$1,500
GMC CanyonElevation Standard$1,675
GMC CanyonElevation, AT4 Cloth, AT4 Leather, Denali$1,500
GMC Hummer EV PickupEdition 1$0
GMC Sierra 1500SLE, Elevation, SLT$1,500
GMC Sierra 1500AT4, AT4X, Denali, Denali Ultimate$905
GMC Sierra HDPro$1,675
GMC Sierra HDSLE, SLT, AT4, Denali$1,500
GMC TerrainAll$1,500
GMC YukonSLE, SLT$1,500
GMC YukonAT4, Denali$905
GMC Yukon XLSLE, SLT$1,500
GMC Yukon XLAT4, Denali$905

When I try this it says that I can't use offline maps without a data plan and that downloaded maps have been deleted. Also I cannot sign in to google even using my android phone as it just gives me a message that says "something went wrong" and then times out and goes to the background. So I have not been able to even sign in to google.
Hmm, seem like it’s an issue with you being able to get into your google account vs an issue with the truck. Is your truck connect to Wi-Fi? I had to connect to my home Wi-Fi to download the map.

Hmm, seem like it’s an issue with you being able to get into your google account vs an issue with the truck. Is your truck connect to Wi-Fi? I had to connect to my home Wi-Fi to download the map.
Well after being able to sign into google connected to my home WiFi it still says I have to have a data plan to even use offline maps. Guess I am out of luck.
20220712_143050.jpg

Well after being able to sign into google connected to my home WiFi it still says I have to have a data plan to even use offline maps. Guess I am out of luck.View attachment 579
That’s what I am dealing with as well. Bought an overpriced Trail Boss with the same identical suspension as a Colorado ZR2 with the same size dampers. Now, can’t even use infotainment. Reminds me of a few years back when BMW made you pay like $80 a month to use Apple CarPlay. Fell flat, hope this falls flat too.

Well after being able to sign into google connected to my home WiFi it still says I have to have a data plan to even use offline maps. Guess I am out of luck.View attachment 579
This is really odd. How long have you owned your truck? I’ve had mine for just over a month. I’m really hoping this isn’t a feature take away after a certain period of time. It let me download just about the entire state of Michigan to store on there and my speed limit sign is always displaying the correct posted speed limit. Tomorrow I will make and upload a video showing exactly how I did this and hopefully it’ll help you guys. This is nonsense, especially at this price point.

Last edited:
Just went out and made a video of it. I really hope this works for you. If not I’d be giving the dealership, or GM, a call to ask why it’s not working. I can even use the navigation when I’m not connected to my homes Wi-Fi. It’s a little slower to load but it still works great.

Just went out and made a video of it. I really hope this works for you. If not I’d be giving the dealership, or GM, a call to ask why it’s not working. I can even use the navigation when I’m not connected to my homes Wi-Fi. It’s a little slower to load but it still works great.

That would be nice to have but sadly it does not work like that for me and only gives tme the message I posted earlier. I took delivery on May 18th.

Thanks for the video. If you notice when you click on the offline maps it says map 1 will expire on Aug. 7th. So I assume you will lose that function on that date. This is totally ridiculous. I had a 2018 redline traverse that never lost its GPS or speed limit sign. You buy a premium truck, you should be able to keep all the features on that premium truck. GM is really dropping the ball on this one. As if they aren't making enough money!

Last edited:
This is totally ridiculous. I had a 2018 redline traverse that never lost its GPS or speed limit sign. You buy a premium truck, you should be able to keep all the features on that premium truck. GM is really dropping the ball on this one. As if they aren't making enough money!
That's because in 2018 the GPS was still SD card based. The maps were stored on the memory card.

Thanks for the video. If you notice when you click on the offline maps it says map 1 will expire on Aug. 7th. So I assume you will lose that function on that date. This is totally ridiculous. I had a 2018 redline traverse that never lost its GPS or speed limit sign. You buy a premium truck, you should be able to keep all the features on that premium truck. GM is really dropping the ball on this one. As if they aren't making enough money!
I did see that. There was a message after I downloaded the map along the lines of “this map will expire unless it’s updated prior to Aug 7th.” I’m really hoping that I can just keep it going exactly how I have been. Sucks to do it once a month, but better than not having it. But now I’m starting to think I’m going to have the same problem T-man and a few others are having after a certain period of time. The fact GM built the entire infotainment system around google and then basically forces you to pay at least $15 a month to use it is insane. Dumping the ZR2 for something like a TRX is getting more and more appealing sounding by the day.

Did I read above that someone knows that we will be able to order the 2023 ZR2 on July 21st?

I talked to my guy at the dealership a few days ago - and he confirmed that I am not able to order my 2023 ZR2 yet.

I will be there bright and early on the 21st if that's the day! :D

Did I read above that someone knows that we will be able to order the 2023 ZR2 on July 21st?

I talked to my guy at the dealership a few days ago - and he confirmed that I am not able to order my 2023 ZR2 yet.

I will be there bright and early on the 21st if that's the day! :D
Your dealer can submit your preliminary 2023 order now. Here's my 2023 preliminary build.
23ZR2.jpg
Allocations won't start until the 21st though.

Your dealer can submit your preliminary 2023 order now. Here's my 2023 preliminary build. View attachment 599Allocations won't start until the 21st though.
Thanks!
Does the prelim order process involve a "user friendly" online build app?
I don't see that I can go through a build of 2023 ZR2 yet.
My dealership guy apparently is not aware either. Might you be able to provide any direction to just get me to the right place. Hopefully the build/order itself is pretty intuitive.

Thanks!
Does the prelim order process involve a "user friendly" online build app?
I don't see that I can go through a build of 2023 ZR2 yet.
My dealership guy apparently is not aware either. Might you be able to provide any direction to just get me to the right place. Hopefully the build/order itself is pretty intuitive.
No, not yet. 2023s aren't online yet so you will have to head to your dealer to submit the order.

Today is the 21st. I must have misunderstood that I would be able to build my 2023 ZR2 today. But alas...NO. :(

Today is the 21st. I must have misunderstood that I would be able to build my 2023 ZR2 today. But alas...NO. :(
Yeah I had my hopes up for today but no 2023 Build and Price. GM told me on the phone late July ordering would start

Today is the first DOSP(Dealer Order Submission Period) for 2023 Silverado 1500. There were 81 ZR2s allocated in my dealer area. We did not get one unfortunately.

Keep in mind that dealer orders and allocations almost always go live before the build and price tool goes live on Chevrolet.com. I wouldn't expect that to go live until August. GM has not mentioned to dealers when it will go live.

Last edited:
Ordering (prelim or otherwise) won't work for me if I can't build/see what I'm ordering. ...e.g. Bronze color.
Many of the other things that come up in the build process were not familiar to me until my dealer guy explained what they are - and I think they made more sense at that time. We'll have to go through that again. LOL!

Due to my ignorance, I think I have to go through the official build process.

Just to clarify...
If I go to the dealership, should they be able to go through the build process & see the colors & so forth?
Or, is it that NOBODY can build until late July/early August?

Most Member Reactions

Back