Truck acting wierd in the dunes

HotChiliRam

Reaction score
Hello, this saturday I went to the dunes to try my ZR2 and, to be honest, I didn't like the way the 10 speed acts. I drove in 4 lo and with the shifter in L6, but the transmission won't keep the gear, it shifted to 7th making the truck not happy when climbing, plus I had the traction control disconnected and it kept working in some situations. Is there any way to make the tranny keep the gear selected? is there any way to really disconnect the T/C? On my LTZ with the 8 speed I put it in 3rd or 4th and the truck shifted to the selected gear and keep it, I don't know why this truck that is supposed to be more off road oriented than the LTZ don't keep the gear.
Any advise is appreciated

Did you try using the offroad modes? I use them for snow wheeling and the truck handles pretty good. It does tend to shift up when you go to manual mode when the rpms are on the highside

Hello, this saturday I went to the dunes to try my ZR2 and, to be honest, I didn't like the way the 10 speed acts. I drove in 4 lo and with the shifter in L6, but the transmission won't keep the gear, it shifted to 7th making the truck not happy when climbing, plus I had the traction control disconnected and it kept working in some situations. Is there any way to make the tranny keep the gear selected? is there any way to really disconnect the T/C? On my LTZ with the 8 speed I put it in 3rd or 4th and the truck shifted to the selected gear and keep it, I don't know why this truck that is supposed to be more off road oriented than the LTZ don't keep the gear.
Any advise is appreciated
if you are in manual mode and in L6, the trans should not shift automatically to L7.. hence manual mode. my truck winds out rpm's if i dont upshift.

Reactions: AXE
Did you try using the offroad modes? I use them for snow wheeling and the truck handles pretty good. It does tend to shift up when you go to manual mode when the rpms are on the highside
Yes I did but nothing changed

if you are in manual mode and in L6, the trans should not shift automatically to L7.. hence manual mode. my truck winds out rpm's if i dont upshift.
Mine shifted, I leave it in L6 (which is manual) but it shifted it's weird.

I would run terrain mode. Offroad .ode like slow speed.

hmmm. i always run in manual with tow mode. i have on occassion forgot to shift and my 22' revs. thats odd.
I bounce mine off the limiter at 6500 RPM on pavement. Maybe the low traction in sand is causing issues, but I'd be running 20 psi in the tires anyway.

Last edited:
I run offroad in manual and it up shifts on its own after a few seconds at high rpm.

Could be the 4 K&N stickers pushing it too hard with all the added hurssss purrrrsss

Most Member Reactions

Back