Truck won’t go into gear after jump start

Huntski

Reaction score
Truck was completely dead. Put a good quality jumper cable on it from son’s Jeep and after a few tries truck started up. Let it idle for a while and it wouldn’t allow me to go into a gear to get out of garage. Now won’t start and I have a trickle charger on it. 2,000 miles only. WTF?

Either a bad battery, or a software upgrade that got stuck in a loop and klilled the battery. My Onstar Module got stuck in a software upgrade loop and killed the battery. Dealer disconnected until the part came in. 5 Fracking weeks!

Also run a code scanner and see if there are any codes. Clear them if you want, they should stay in the history, you could lose them too. I never worry about it, if it gets me moving.

Truck was completely dead. Put a good quality jumper cable on it from son’s Jeep and after a few tries truck started up. Let it idle for a while and it wouldn’t allow me to go into a gear to get out of garage. Now won’t start and I have a trickle charger on it. 2,000 miles only. WTF?
completely remove both cables from battery wait 30 min. make sure batt is charged. good luck.

Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back