Turn signal not working

cgrubb1

Reaction score
Less than 2,000 on clock and I get a fast blink and message that says check left front turn signal. Not working. Manual says see dealership. I had thought about installing LED signal. First question I have is, do you have to remove light housing to replace turn signal? Looks like it may be the case. Second, if y’all were in my place, would you take back to dealership and try to warrant it, or just buy (better) replacement?

New truck has 3year 36k bumper to bumper warranty. Back to the dealership for a replacement.

Less than 2,000 on clock and I get a fast blink and message that says check left front turn signal. Not working. Manual says see dealership. I had thought about installing LED signal. First question I have is, do you have to remove light housing to replace turn signal? Looks like it may be the case. Second, if y’all were in my place, would you take back to dealership and try to warrant it, or just buy (better) replacement?
The turn signal is integrated into the DRL? Which is an LED?

The ZR2 has the range topping full LED headlamps with dark housings. Not sure what the aftermarket can offer to “add” features.

Your truck is a ZR2 correct?

Yeah. It’s a ZR2. It seems to be working again for now. Really weird. I had washed it just an hour or so earlier, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.
The turn signal is integrated into the DRL? Which is an LED?

The ZR2 has the range topping full LED headlamps with dark housings. Not sure what the aftermarket can offer to “add” features.

Your truck is a ZR2 correct?

Yeah. It’s a ZR2. It seems to be working again for now. Really weird. I had washed it just an hour or so earlier, not sure if that had anything to do with it or not.
Sound like an intermittent problem with the controller on the lamp. Next time it happens try to get pictures so you can address the problem under warranty.

It’s a $1,600 lamp otherwise.

Sound like an intermittent problem with the controller on the lamp. Next time it happens try to get pictures so you can address the problem under warranty.

It’s a $1,600 lamp otherwise.
$1,600?? Dang. Hope there is an aftermarket in the works.. I will go to hand signals if I have to

it's the headlamp assembly. i had the same problem with mine shortly after picking it up

The DSSV dampeners are under a grand each if it makes you feel any better! 🤣
I can replace them with something else, if I have to, but ther turn signal should just be a bulb

$1,600?? Dang. Hope there is an aftermarket in the works.. I will go to hand signals if I have to
It’s a new truck with warranty. The replacement isn’t going to cost you a dime. It’s just going to take your time going to a dealership to have it fixed. Now if you already have 36,000 miles or 3 years of ownership, then that would be a different story.

It’s not just a bulb. These are LED lights with multiple LEDs.

my right side DRL/blinker went out back in october. Next day it worked fine and hasnt happend since. I did get a picture. I have it documented next time in go in.

Most Member Reactions

Back