Ultimate9 Throttle Controller is truly the ULTIMATE!!!

That is correct! Anything you do that alters throttle position and rpms is going to affect the transmission. That's just how the system works together. This product is only telling the Throttle Position Sensor to get moving faster because the lawyers have no say.

I'm not sure why anyone would need this product unless your not sure how to use the paddle shifters and bang through some gears. These paddle shifters are in this rig for this reason.

Disconnect that gimmick and get back in and put it in manual and bang through gears from 1 to 7. Don't let the rpms get below 3000, preferably 3500 and try to shift about 5800 before it hits the limiter. It shifts smoother If make a slight pause after getting off the throttle for about 1/2 second. If that's not enough, put it in tow/haul mode and do it again. Then report back with your results.

If I launch in 1st gear, I gotta grab second so fast because I can't see the road anymore.
Different strokes for different folks. Not a gimmick and my truck ain’t broken😉

Reactions: AXE
@AXE that is true regarding the driveline, pushing it harder is going to increase wear and tear. I’m okay with that because I want the performance. Sometimes I’m just not in the mood for paddle shifting but want the immediate response. In factory mode, my pedal felt like a wet sponge when I tried to get on it (Very very laggy). With U9, it’s a different experience that I was after. Not trying to convince anyone, just sharing my perspective.

@AXE that is true regarding the driveline, pushing it harder is going to increase wear and tear. I’m okay with that because I want the performance. Sometimes I’m just not in the mood for paddle shifting but want the immediate response. In factory mode, my pedal felt like a wet sponge when I tried to get on it (Very very laggy). With U9, it’s a different experience that I was after. Not trying to convince anyone, just sharing my perspective.
I only run the paddle shifters when I'm feeling like being anti social. Its a lot of work to shift all the time and do.it smoothly. I do it more after adding the Magnaflow, primarily because of the sound. Maybe a couple times a week. Otherwise, I drive like I still need insurance.

I'm still using it, but am driving it in factory more often than not. I go to Ult 5 or 6 when I want to have some fun but I find the throttle lock the most useful feature.

That is correct! Anything you do that alters throttle position and rpms is going to affect the transmission. That's just how the system works together. This product is only telling the injectors to get moving because the Throttle Position Sensor is advancing more quickly now that the lawyers have been bypassed.

I'm not sure why anyone would need this product unless your not sure how to use the paddle shifters and bang through some gears. These paddle shifters are in this rig for this reason.

Disconnect that gimmick and get back in and put it in manual and bang through gears from 1 to 7. Don't let the rpms get below 3000, preferably 3500 and try to shift about 5800 before it hits the limiter. It shifts smoother If make a slight pause after getting off the throttle for about 1/2 second. If that's not enough, put it in tow/haul mode and do it again. Then report back with your results.

If I launch in 1st gear, I gotta grab second so fast because I can't see the road anymore.
i love the paddle shifters!!!

i love the paddle shifters!!!
Definitely makes it very alive and feels sporty. The other day I was messing around and checking the feel from L1-L7 in standard mode vs tow haul. Automatic has a little lag and you can notice it. Standard mode manual barely had any lag and tow haul manual seems to eliminate any laggy throttle. ECM is probably doing something similar as UC 9 by eliminating built in lag of TPS.

Definitely makes it very alive and feels sporty. The other day I was messing around and checking the feel from L1-L7 in standard mode vs tow haul. Automatic has a little lag and you can notice it. Standard mode manual barely had any lag and tow haul manual seems to eliminate any laggy throttle. ECM is probably doing something similar as UC 9 by eliminating built in lag of TPS.
downshifting with Borla sounds sick.

I’ve had one of these for a few months but haven’t installed it yet. Do I need to disconnect the battery before installing it? The truck wakes up when you open the door. I just don’t want it throwing a CEL when I plug it in. Do u just keep the key away from the truck?

I’ve had one of these for a few months but haven’t installed it yet. Do I need to disconnect the battery before installing it? The truck wakes up when you open the door. I just don’t want it throwing a CEL when I plug it in. Do u just keep the key away from the truck?
Always recommended for electronics.

I didn't. No CEL was thrown. Ignition was off when I did it.

You don’t have to disco the battery. Just do it with the truck turned off

Most Member Reactions

Back