Under hood Battery Distribution Fuse Box on 1500 ZR2 - Missing terminals in OEM

sardarjee

Reaction score
Hi,

I see that for my truck some terminals are missing when compared to part GM 84646134
Not sure if this is just for my vehicle (2022 1500 ZR2) or it is the same for all vehicles in 2022+ model years.

Any idea if I have to replace complete Fuse Box or can somehow add additional terminals on the existing box?

Picture from my truck:
silverado-junction-box.jpg

From Part Store: GM (84646134)​

Screenshot 2024-03-19 6.40.34 PM.png

Last edited:
You can just add the upfitter switch fuses. No way to add just the built in ones on the left. Those are for factory options. They also aren't replaceable if one blows. You can use different size fuses with the upfitter kit. It would go where you have your amp wire now.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Those are for factory options. They also aren't replaceable if one blows.
Oh ok. That makes sense. I have already added Garmin Power Switch for front.

I was thinking of adding a DC2DC charger for the 2nd battery in the truck bed. So I thought that instead of adding bulky ANL switch, may be I can use this.
I cannot not use MRBF fuse with terminal because of the limitations caused by cover.

But if they are not replaceable, it doesn't make any sense of using them. Each dist box is about $100+ w/additional hassle.

Ah this seems to be perfect solution. I can "also" use this to get rid of ANL Inline fuse for existing Garmin Power Switch and use a direct cable. The other one I can use for DC to DC Charger. PERFECT!!

I think I have figure out where all connectors and fuse fit. I am not able to figure out where this piece fits during setup. @8ball_99 Thoughts?

1710899275213.png

It's easy. That parts kit allows you to add two fused connections to the factory distribution panel. You don't have to use that cable connection if you don't want. You can use your own ring terminal, you would just have to add a nut. The nut on that one is captive.

@8ball_99 Thanks. I think I have now figured it out. Didn't realize that it has so much of flexibility and options.
Np. Yeah those terminals are for adding the oem upfitter switches and snowplow. But you can basically add whatever you want and change the fuse to whatever size you need. I had the smaller fuse on two 12v air compressors with 4ga wire and on the larger one I had my stereo amps with 1/0ga wire. That included ring terminal with the nut worked fine on 1/0ga. It's a much cleaner setup than adding external fuse blocks. Fuses are also easier to access.

I used the same parts on my HD to add a second battery with a isolator. I fed it off the larger one intended for the snowplow. I just swapped the 200 amp fuse for a 400amp. You can get different amp fuses on Amazon. Local autoparts stores don't have much of a selection for those types of mega fuses. Atleast mine didn't. Amazon pretty much has any amp rating you could want.
20231230_131919.jpg

Np. Yeah those terminals are for adding the oem upfitter switches and snowplow. But you can basically add whatever you want and change the fuse to whatever size you need. I had the smaller fuse on two 12v air compressors with 4ga wire and on the larger one I had my stereo amps with 1/0ga wire. That included ring terminal with the nut worked fine on 1/0ga. It's a much cleaner setup than adding external fuse blocks. Fuses are also easier to access.

I used the same parts on my HD to add a second battery with a isolator. I fed it off the larger one intended for the snowplow. I just swapped the 200 amp fuse for a 400amp. You can get different amp fuses on Amazon. Local autoparts stores don't have much of a selection for those types of mega fuses. Atleast mine didn't. Amazon pretty much has any amp rating you could want.
View attachment 11382
Does it accept 5/16 lugs or need 3/8?

Does it accept 5/16 lugs or need 3/8?
I don't remember off the top of my head, but I can look tomorrow. I want to say 5/16" is fine for the smaller ones. I just have a assortment of them. So I didn't buy specific ones when I wired everything. I have a set of hydraulic crimpers also. They are awesome. I used a hammer crimper for years. Finally got around to trying a cheap hydraulic one a couple years ago. Should have gotten one a long time ago, lol.

Finally got it working. I had to get an additional M8 flange nut (for 200A connection) and skip the provided terminal connector with nut attached. 200 Amp line cable already has 125 Amp inline fuse for Garmin Switch. Use of 60A line (for truck bed) is much simplified. All set.
1711235965062.png

Finally got it working. I had to get an additional M8 flange nut (for 200A connection) and skip the provided terminal connector with nut attached. 200 Amp line cable already has 125 Amp inline fuse for Garmin Switch. Use of 60A line (for truck bed) is much simplified. All set.
View attachment 11478
Why did you select the Garmin for your truck?

Why did you select the Garmin for your truck?
I needed something that I can use to control attached devices remotely (lights etc) and also don't have to tinker with hard wired controllers which I cannot use outside of vehicle.

I initially tried Trigger w/Bluetooth. It was good but a bulky device with so many unneeded plug and play cables popping out along with two antennas. Also the BT connectivity was poor, at least on my device.

Then I found Garmin (didn't knew about it before). At first, I was skeptical but then I realized that its works with Android Auto/Car Play and also integrates with few of their their GPS systems (Tread etc) w/ decent button/device customization on the app. It can also have ignition link control for various devices.

Garmin PS is compact with no antennas and looks sleek and blends with the under the hood components colors. Plus I got it when it was on Amazon @ $399 (2023)

I also use some other Garmin products, so it did fit well into that eco-system. I am planning to get another for my truck bed (Leisure/2nd Battery)and link them together.

Previously tried Trigger 4:
1711302219256.png

Last edited:
I needed something that I can use to control attached devices remotely (lights etc) and also don't have to tinker with hard wired controllers which I cannot use outside of vehicle.

I initially tried Trigger w/Bluetooth. It was good but a bulky device with so many unneeded plug and play cables popping out along with two antennas. Also the BT connectivity was poor, at least on my device.

Then I found Garmin (didn't knew about it before). At first, I was skeptical but then I realized that its works with Android Auto/Car Play and also integrates with few of their their GPS systems (Tread etc) w/ decent button/device customization on the app. It can also have ignition link control for various devices.

Garmin PS is compact with no antennas and looks sleek and blends with the under the hood components colors. Plus I got it when it was on Amazon @ $399.

I also use some other Garmin products, so it did fit well into that eco-system. I am planning to get another for my truck bed (Leisure/2nd Battery)and link them together.

Previously tried Trigger 4:
View attachment 11492
Very nice! Does the Garmin have a wireless controller or can you only control via an App?

Very nice! Does the Garmin have a wireless controller or can you only control via an App?

If you mean a standalone physical controller (like came with Trigger 4), then no. Also the trigger 4 physical controller was fragile and battery connection was unstable (I had issue with battery properly holding in place).

But, I think I saw a YT video where one can connect Garmin PS to an existing hard wired switch and I presume, theoretically, this would allow one to control devices from either switches or apps.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back