Upfitter switch install

dharmon2

Reaction score
I installed the Upfitter switch harness today. It blows my mind that we have to install this , and it doesn’t get put in at the factory.
Anyway it wasn’t to hard to do. The hardest part is getting through the fire wall. The rest is pretty much plug and play. Here is the link to the GM bulletin for anyone going to attempt it.

I installed the Upfitter switch harness today. It blows my mind that we have to install this , and it doesn’t get put in at the factory.
Anyway it wasn’t to hard to do. The hardest part is getting through the fire wall. The rest is pretty much plug and play. Here is the link to the GM bulletin for anyone going to attempt it.

Did you buy the precut dash, or cut yours yourself? Any pictures of the install?

@8ball_99 you're youtube famous!
I can confirm it's much easier on the 2500s especially now that GM has a updated kit with the longer switch harness.

Back when I did my 22 1500. I purchased the old kit for the previous gen off ebay and just made it work. I just guessed at the switch location. It just looked like the best spot to fit the switch. He did one up me actually getting the correct pins for the harness plug. I thought about trying to find them. But I was lazy and just tapped the wires. You can go to the BCM for the proper connections. But using a fuse tap to that ignition fuse does basically the same thing, with much less fuss. They do sell the longer switch harness now so you don't have to extend it. Like in the video

On the HDs it is plug and play. The wire harness even has clips in proper places to secure the harness in factory holes. It was almost annoying how much easier it is.

Did you buy the precut dash, or cut yours yourself? Any pictures of the install?
Mine came with the option from the factory. They install the switch panel at the factory, but just ship the harnesses loose in the truck to the dealer.

Most Member Reactions

Back