USB C Port inside the console

SeaHunt

Reaction score
Do you guys know if the USB C port inside the center console stays on all the time after you turn off the ignition and exit the truck or does it go off after a while ? Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting a dashcam that's always on when it's getting power and I don't want to come out one morning and find my battery drained down by the dashcam. Thank you !

All the factory ports cut off with the truck. Lots of dash cams have a parking mode. Which is nice if you want it to catch stuff while the truck is off. You can use a hardwire kit for that. Couple ways to do that. Usually either the camera or the hardwire kit will have a low voltage cut off. IE below 12v shutdown.

Mine records 24/7. I have it wired to a auxiliary 20ah battery. It also has a voltage cut off set to 11.3v if I remember right. So it will stay on until the voltage drops to low. When the truck is on the auxiliary battery charges.

All the factory ports cut off with the truck. Lots of dash cams have a parking mode. Which is nice if you want it to catch stuff while the truck is off. You can use a hardwire kit for that. Couple ways to do that. Usually either the camera or the hardwire kit will have a low voltage cut off. IE below 12v shutdown.

Mine records 24/7. I have it wired to a auxiliary 20ah battery. It also has a voltage cut off set to 11.3v if I remember right. So it will stay on until the voltage drops to low. When the truck is on the auxiliary battery charges.
Thank you for the reply. I'm just interested in the cam coming on when I turn the truck on and then going off when I exit. I've been using the USB C port inside the console and notice it stay on for a few mins after exiting the truck.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the one that I have:

Rove R3 Dash Cam, 3” IPS Touch Screen, 3 Channel Dash Cam Front and Rear with Cabin, Built-in GPS, 5.0 GHz WiFi, 2K 1440P+1080P+1080P, 24-HR Parking Monitor, Supercapacitor, Supports up to 256GB Max​

And this is the hardwire kit I used so it runs 24/7:

Dash Cam Hardwire Kit | USB Type C Port | for ROVE R2, R2-PRO and R3 Dash Cam Models | Check Compatibility Image Before Purchasing​

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most Member Reactions

Back