Wait Times for 24 Silverado ZR2

ZR2 DMAX

Reaction score
Put a deposit down on a 2024 Silverado ZR2 about 2 months ago now. Put the order in with a smaller dealer (very nice and no bs fees), but I’m wondering how long it will take for a VIN to be created? I’m getting impatient lol, any ideas on wait times/order times?

Last edited:
My HD ZR2 arrived at dealer on 65 days after order was accepted by GM. Your dealer should be able to give you status. You can also get a status from GM chat bot on Chevy website.

Every order will be different and has alot to do with dealer allocation and priority number.

Check out my thread on GM Build Process for more info.

Post in thread 'GM Build Process' https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/gm-build-process.1325/post-19084

Placed my order for 24 Silverado 1500 in July. Order still wasn't accepted. Found one similar to what I ordered ( sterling instead of slate gray ) and went with it. 3.0 tech all of it. Drove it one day and it's been at the dealership for 3 weeks now

Hope yours goes better

Reactions: AXE
Placed my order for 24 Silverado 1500 in July. Order still wasn't accepted. Found one similar to what I ordered ( sterling instead of slate gray ) and went with it. 3.0 tech all of it. Drove it one day and it's been at the dealership for 3 weeks now

Hope yours goes better
Damn, sorry to hear that. What was the issue? I also ordered 3.0, tech pack

My HD ZR2 arrived at dealer on 65 days after order was accepted by GM. Your dealer should be able to give you status. You can also get a status from GM chat bot on Chevy website.

Every order will be different and has alot to do with dealer allocation and priority number.

Check out my thread on GM Build Process for more info.

Post in thread 'GM Build Process' https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/gm-build-process.1325/post-19084
They told me that the order was still waiting to be picked up from GM so they couldn’t give me an order number.

Damn, sorry to hear that. What was the issue? I also ordered 3.0, tech pack
Driving up hills it struggled mightily, sometimes dropping 10-15 mph all while downshifting. Got it home and preparing to take it to dealer next morning noticed an oil leak

They told me that the order was still waiting to be picked up from GM so they couldn’t give me an order number.
So that likely means the dealer doesn't have an allocation. Then once they pick it up, it gets assigned av priority number. Then it proceeds based upon that.

There's a ton of them in inventory you should be able to find one and negotiate. Even if you have to travel, you should be able to find something within 500 miles or so.

There's 420 in the system. Probably a lot of them are sold, but some calls will clear that up fast.

Put a deposit down on a 2024 Silverado ZR2 about 2 months ago now. Put the order in with a smaller dealer (very nice and no bs fees), but I’m wondering how long it will take for a VIN to be created? I’m getting impatient lol, any ideas on wait times/order times?
Wait and wait and wait and wait. Ordered my 23 in April and didn't arrive till the 1st week of October! 6 months waiting! 2 of those months it sat in a parking lot in Alabama! not even the dealer could go get it. Finally the dealer called the GM rep and practically forced them to pickup mine and other customers orders. It's utter ridiculous how the biggest automaker in the world operates this way.

I'm at a rather small dealer outside of DFW. We've been getting 24 ZR2s in pretty regularly. Damn near have one in every color.
Is that 1500s or the HDs ? Very few HDs I’ve seen here on lots and they disappear quick .

Ordered my ZR2 1500 end of August in NY and have yet to hear that the order has been picked up. Dealer keeps bugging me to purchase the 2023 for 80K, not happening. Put my 2012 Overland Summit JEEP with 111,500K up for sale, just to put out feelers. Big mistake! Someone offered me 15K with a blue book of 11K. Now I’m walking and bugging my wife for rides. Hoping to get it with a big bow for Christmas.

Last edited:

Most Member Reactions

Back