Warranty starts when truck is built?

ODAVE

Founding Member
Reaction score
My truck was built on 6/8/2022 and has been sitting in the desert, cooking in the sun no doubt, waiting on parts ever since. Who knows when it'll ship to my dealer? For fun I entered my vin into my Chevy account garage and appears the warranty has started timing down starting on the build date of 6/8/2022? I may not even get the truck for a another couple months. The warranty would almost be expired on delivery! Hopefully the dealer can reset the start date to when I take delivery.

warranty.png

No. Warranty starts the date the truck is reported sold to the customer. Did your dealer already report the sale to GM?

I talked to the dealer, and it has not been reported sold. He assured me the warranty start date will reset when it sells

My truck was built on 6/8/2022 and has been sitting in the desert, cooking in the sun no doubt, waiting on parts ever since. Who knows when it'll ship to my dealer? For fun I entered my vin into my Chevy account garage and appears the warranty has started timing down starting on the build date of 6/8/2022? I may not even get the truck for a another couple months. The warranty would almost be expired on delivery! Hopefully the dealer can reset the start date to when I take delivery.

View attachment 633
the dealer should adjust it on the paperwork.

Most Member Reactions

Back