Way To Record Camera Footage?

BluGuy

Reaction score
Hey all, wondering if anyone has come across a way to record the output of the stock cameras on the ZR2? There are so many angles, it would be great to record some footage without adding additional cameras. Wondering if there might be an app through the google play store that would send to the cloud if you have a wifi setup or to your mobile device.

Thanks!

Hey all, wondering if anyone has come across a way to record the output of the stock cameras on the ZR2? There are so many angles, it would be great to record some footage without adding additional cameras. Wondering if there might be an app through the google play store that would send to the cloud if you have a wifi setup or to your mobile device.

Thanks!
No

It’s good to dream. Right, @securityguy ?

Been following your upgrades, well done!
Absolutely...and I must say that I am surprised that a manufacturer hasn't already allowed for this since the implementation would be fairly easy to do. I appreciate your kind words...I like doing mods, both big and small, when I see something that catches my attention.

Agree the tech is out there, unfortunately we just didn't get it. My next install/upgrade will be a dash and rear cam.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Thanks I have done some research people seems to like the BlackVue products.
1676565955323.png

FYI, blackview has the 970x on the way (announced at CES in January), and supposedly coming out soon. Upgrade to the 900X.

Thanks I have done some research people seems to like the BlackVue products.
View attachment 1825
Blackvue is the best dash cam IMPO. It is all I use in all of my own vehicles. I have the DR750X-Plus 2CH in my vehicles. The DR900X is nice as well, I just can't justify the extra cost. As far as SD cards are concerned, buy this one for your camera:

I also like www.thedashcamstore.com for all of my camera needs versus Amazon.

If you have install questions, let me know and I can help to walk you through it over a phone call regardless of what you decide to buy.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tesla has this tech. Only one I’ve heard of unfortunately. Have wondered the same. Would love to capture video without having to strap a GoPro onto the truck.

Tesla has this tech. Only one I’ve heard of unfortunately. Have wondered the same. Would love to capture video without having to strap a GoPro onto the truck.
It really seems like there should be an app through the google store to send it to the cloud or plug in a drive to one of the usb ports. I haven’t found anything aftermarket for any car that would do this. I can’t figure out why nobody is building it! Seems like a good fit for off-roading vehicles!

Totally agree. VIOFO is also a great camera for those on a budget.
Where did you mount your rear facing? I installed one, in the rear of the cab, but it mostly seems to capture the bed. Do you mount yours on the back of the bed or in the cab?

GM has it too, pretty sure they use it in the Camaro ZL1/1LE along with lap information such as cornering Gs and throttle and brake percentages. Quite a shame they won’t use the similar technology in their pickups.

Where did you mount your rear facing? I installed one, in the rear of the cab, but it mostly seems to capture the bed. Do you mount yours on the back of the bed or in the cab?
In the cab on the rear window up high ensuring it's on the opposite glass of the sliding window. It sees what it needs to see just fine and will provide the Police exactly what they need to determine fault which is its main purpose. I can take a pic if you like?

In the cab on the rear window up high ensuring it's on the opposite glass of the sliding window. It sees what it needs to see just fine and will provide the Police exactly what they need to determine fault which is its main purpose. I can take a pic if you like?
That’s where I put mine too. Just wasn’t sure if someone had a better placement. Thank you though!

Corvette has it in their performance recorder. Uses the on board camera. Chevy knows how to do it. They’ll probably charge to add it though.

Corvette has it in their performance recorder. Uses the on board camera. Chevy knows how to do it. They’ll probably charge to add it though.
Every manufacture can do it if they wanted to. Most all of the hardware is there...to make it available is only software and Wi-Fi capabilities.

Most Member Reactions

Back