What type of outlet is the front drivers side outlet?

hwprouty

Reaction score
My neighbor was checking out the ZR2 and asked what this was? ( left front bumper, I said camera I think ) turns out it's an outlet! I can't find it in the manual, and yes I'm not the smartest.....
Anyhow, What kind of plug is that for?
TIA!!

I guess that explains it, never owned a diesel in my life. It shows it is thermostatically controlled and doesn't kick on until 0* Doubt I'll ever need it here in Seattle?!
Wonder where this truck was destined for?
I believe they are standard fare on a ZR2 HD if the diesel option is selected.

I guess that explains it, never owned a diesel in my life. It shows it is thermostatically controlled and doesn't kick on until 0* Doubt I'll ever need it here in Seattle?!
Wonder where this truck was destined for?
You never know when you'll need it. I sold my previous Duramax to my boy. It spent it's whole life in Arizona and occasionally seen 20s in mountains hunting. We just pulled the block heater cord from under the battery tray cause he's working in ND and it's about to get real cold.

Up here in Canada there is not a gas vehicle sold without a block heater. Most of the diesels have glow plugs
All diesels (at least all the HDs I’ve owned and been around) have glow plugs, the block heater is an additional/supplemental heater in extreme cold for starting.

Agree @AXE - never know where it might come in handy / necessary, been glad a few times it’s been there 😅

Most Member Reactions

Back