Who's upgrading to the HD ZR2?

El Chorizo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much pricing on trucks has increased since I purchased my 2500 HD. Mine loaded about as well as you could load it stickered for $77k.... with the diesel in 2020. This thing is estimated between $87k to $93k. Man, that inflation is hitting hard.

I am probably going to my dealer tomorrow just to look at the new 2500 HD they have in stock. If you can place an order for the ZR2, I will. May do the Bison. Salesman that sold me my ZR2 knew I was waiting for the new Duramax, so now they are blowing up my phone. NO way I'm paying over MSRP and I might not pay that. We'll see how it looks.

I have baby number 1 on the way so I will be in the ‘22 ZR2 for a while. I hear kids are kind of expensive.
$300k each to get them out of the house and on their own and I think that is low now.

I've got 20 year old twin boys and an 11 year old daughter and it's worth every penny........except the times my boys act like I did at that age........LMFAO.

$300k each to get them out of the house and on their own and I think that is low now.

I've got 20 year old twin boys and an 11 year old daughter and it's worth every penny........except the times my boys act like I did at that age........LMFAO.
That’s my fear, my boy acts like I did when I was young and slightly more foolish than I am now.

I’m going to start convincing the wife I need a bigger daddy truck.

When I bought the ZR2, I kept my Duramax. One of my boys is now driving it because I sold his Tacoma that was starting to get a little tired. About a week after he started driving it he loaded up the race tune which is rolling about 535 HP and 1000 foot lbs of torque. I got in it to go hunting and pull my trailer and noticed it right away. I chewed his ass......damn punk kids rolling down the road in an 8000 lb rig like it's a scooter.

I see last night he had my old radar detector out. I'm sure he wasn't planning on speeding. That'll be on tonight's episode of what the hell are you doing?

Last edited:
When I bought the ZR2, I kept my Duramax. One of my boys is now driving it because I sold his Tacoma that was starting to get a little tired. About a week after he started driving it he loaded up the race tune which is rolling about 535 HP and 1000 foot lbs of torque. I got in it to go hunting and pull my trailer and noticed it right away. I chewed his ass......damn punk kids rolling down the road in an 8000 lb rig like it's a scooter.

I see last night he had my old radar detector out. I'm sure he wasn't planning on speeding. That'll be on tonight's episode of what the hell are you doing?
Like father like son I’m betting.

1000 ft/lbs 2500 ZR2 could be a lot of fun.

Reactions: AXE
Like father like son I’m betting.

1000 ft/lbs 2500 ZR2 could be a lot of fun.
I was in a 75 IH 4x4 4 speed stick that was built like a tank! My brother put glass packs on it and it sounded great. He drove the shit out of that thing. I did most of my terrorizing on my dirt bike! Small town living.......the cops wouldn't do anything just tell you to push it home and park it. Nowadays they would have you in cuffs, jail, and revoking your license.

Not our truck but we have a grey and white one and a couple black ones. My boy wants to get them back on the road.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230413_163725_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230413_163725_Google.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 16
It’s definitely appealing as it appears they may have actually done it as most would realistically hope from the factory w/ the DSSV shocks, a bit of lift, and 35’s (although I’ve not had a chance to watch the videos and read in-depth)

Given the bigger DMAX option we get more power and capabilities on the farm, none of the lifter, AFM/DFM, auto stop the motor, etc BS. Dealer was talking to me about trading for a 24 1500 ZR2 with the LZO when their first one comes in but this has me intrigued. Glad we are finally getting some decent options from GM

I can't believe how much pricing on trucks has increased since I purchased my 2500 HD. Mine loaded about as well as you could load it stickered for $77k.... with the diesel in 2020. This thing is estimated between $87k to $93k. Man, that inflation is hitting hard.
The ZR2 HD will be north of 100k, nowhere near the $80s.

Not sure that the HD is an upgrade or the Colorado should be considered a down grade🤔. The trucks serve different purposes.

I owned one of the first ZR2 models bought in 1996. It was a 1997 Chevrolet S10 4x4. At the time, it fit my needs and was a great truck. It came with 2 inch lift, BFG 33s, Bilstein suspension and it was awesome and very capable offroad rig. Definitely not a downgrade.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230414_110840_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230414_110840_Chrome.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 27
  • SmartSelect_20230414_110730_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230414_110730_Google.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 27
I owned one of the first ZR2 models bought in 1996. It was a 1997 Chevrolet S10 4x4. At the time, it fit my needs and was a great truck. It came with 2 inch lift, BFG 33s, Bilstein suspension and it was awesome and very capable offroad rig. Definitely not a downgrade.

That was my dream truck back in the day! We would walk the dealer lots and I would drool over that and the ZR2 Blazer.

For me, it will all depend on the price differential. I will either go with a Diesel ZR2 1500 or the Diesel HD ZR2. I don't need an HD truck either...but what the hell, you only live once ;) Interestingly enough, I have thought about the Colorado too, but I don't think it will meet my future towing needs. I need at least 8000# to be comfortable.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back