Will this Titan extended fuel tank work for gas too?

slicer

Reaction score

Says diesel only but they're probably just protecting themselves. I wonder would this work with our ZR2s. I love the 6.2L but would really like to increase my fuel range. No interest in the diesel zr2.

Says diesel only but they're probably just protecting themselves. I wonder would this work with our ZR2s. I love the 6.2L but would really like to increase my fuel range. No interest in the diesel zr2.
I've wondered this myself. They have said it's a legality thing with gas tanks. I guess the question would be is the stock tank the same on the 3.0 and 6.2.

BTW, by legality I mean. A company can make a larger fuel tank for gas. But the way the laws are it has to go through all the crash tests, ect per model. The laws on auxiliary diesel tanks are much more forgiving because of farmers. It was so they could have tranfer tanks in their beds. I read up on it a bunch when I first got my truck.

Last edited:
I think there are variations of this type of transfer tank that is connected directly to stock tank. I've seen one that is part tool box, part fuel. Might be a nice option that is legal.

Axe, most if not all transfer tanks are also marked Diesel only. Like I said they made up a bunch of rules and regulations on aftermarket fuel tanks. Diesel got exempt from them basically thanks to some farmer's group. Atleast that's what I read.

What's funny to me is you can buy a toy hauler with a pretty cheap plastic 40+gallon gas transfer tank poorly mounted under it. Leaks and failures are extremely common on them. But they aren't under the same regulations.

Reactions: AXE
That would be great if it works.
I have one on my older 2500hd and it's great. Went from 26 gallons to 52.

Reactions: AXE
I don't know, but I did a quick search of the user guide and didn't see gasoline mentioned. Doesn't mean it its legal, but I wouldn't worry too much.

Maybe call manufacturer and verify.

Last edited:
Look at the details on the website the fuel tank will hang down approximately 1.5 inches. Would need a custom skidplate for it. I see the non-refreshed version you could reprogram the mileage range. Can this be done on the refreshed Silverado ZR2? I too would love the extended range. Isn't there another outfit that makes extended-range fuel tanks out of AZ?

There is this 202 litre (53.3 gallon) gas tank from Australia. My local off road shop does a lot of business with ARB and several other Australian brands and has converted several landscaping company trucks, and I’m thinking of getting one next summer.

There is this 202 litre (53.3 gallon) gas tank from Australia. My local off road shop does a lot of business with ARB and several other Australian brands and has converted several landscaping company trucks, and I’m thinking of getting one next summer.
That looks awesome! Also so close to the driveshaft

Most Member Reactions

Back