Winch mount options.

I’m not interested in the AEV front bumper. Just aftermarket winch mount for the factory front bumper.
I think that would be almost impossible. The front bumper is tucked in tight. The AEV bumper sticks out a lot more. Even with that the AEV can only hold a smaller winch.

I can weld, have a tube bender, plasma torch, ect. I've built roll cages, bumpers for SxSs and stuff. I didn't see a way to fit a winch in there behind the stock bumper. You might could bring the stock bumper out some and fill in the gaps, but by the time you did all that, probably be easier to start from scratch.

have not seen anything for ZR2 bumper. maybe custom. there is a recent thread i think.
I had email chat with ADD. I believe they are working on it and hopefully something may be out in next few months. Lets see what they bring and if comes with winch support.

I already bought SB winch, on sale, hoping soon I may be able to use it. But, it is still sitting in one corner .... unused :)

Yes, they do, and you have to go through Chevy. AEV will not sell anything for the 1500 ZR2 Bison.
Yes----found this out last summer when I called AEV to inquire about this specific subject. As with most OEMs who make deals with otherwise commercial to the public suppliers. Something GM does to ensure they control what they are responsible for warranty wise and to make $$$$'s on sales. This is the way they handle the shocks from Rancho for example.

To the OP on the new 2500 bumper there is nothing out there and there will not be anywhere in the near future. AEV pretty much has this one locked up through GM for the time being. Being that the ZR2 bumper is not across all trim lines it stands to reason that if someone wants to go to the expense and trouble to make a hidden mount bumper it will have to compete with the AEV/GM product on the ZR2. On the other trim lines who knows.

I have contacted several of the light manufacturers for the main headlights only Morimoto as these light on the ZR2 pale in comparison to the 2022 Tremor I traded. The fog and even bract kits for the bumper light bars there were no plans for manufacturer. The R&D had not even been done yet. Now on the headlights there were not even any plans to develop for the ZR2 trimline and the HC and maybe the LT uses the same I am not real familiar with that trim line.

I think that would be almost impossible. The front bumper is tucked in tight. The AEV bumper sticks out a lot more. Even with that the AEV can only hold a smaller winch.

I can weld, have a tube bender, plasma torch, ect. I've built roll cages, bumpers for SxSs and stuff. I didn't see a way to fit a winch in there behind the stock bumper. You might could bring the stock bumper out some and fill in the gaps, but by the time you did all that, probably be easier to start from scratch.
You are correct not enough room plus it would like like a@@. Winch = new bumper.

Yes----found this out last summer when I called AEV to inquire about this specific subject. As with most OEMs who make deals with otherwise commercial to the public suppliers. Something GM does to ensure they control what they are responsible for warranty wise and to make $$$$'s on sales. This is the way they handle the shocks from Rancho for example.

To the OP on the new 2500 bumper there is nothing out there and there will not be anywhere in the near future. AEV pretty much has this one locked up through GM for the time being. Being that the ZR2 bumper is not across all trim lines it stands to reason that if someone wants to go to the expense and trouble to make a hidden mount bumper it will have to compete with the AEV/GM product on the ZR2. On the other trim lines who knows.

I have contacted several of the light manufacturers for the main headlights only Morimoto as these light on the ZR2 pale in comparison to the 2022 Tremor I traded. The fog and even bract kits for the bumper light bars there were no plans for manufacturer. The R&D had not even been done yet. Now on the headlights there were not even any plans to develop for the ZR2 trimline and the HC and maybe the LT uses the same I am not real familiar with that trim line.
Yeah I kind of feel like the Bison deal kind of screwed ZR2 owners. On the one hand it gives you a factory option. But on the other hand since there is a factory option. Aftermarket seems to have skipped the ZR2. I'm sure they look at it like it isn't a volume selling trim. Then on top of that anyone who really wants a winch bumper can just get one from the factory. Probably not a ton of motivation for them to do the R&D.

Plus side the HD ZR2 looks to take the same bumper as all the other trims.. Chassis unlimited already has a winch bumper out for the 24 HDs. Takes standard size 3"x3" Cube lights and fits different winches. I don't know about the HD bison, But the 1500 AEV bumper said it only fits one very specific, rather pricy winch. I've already been eyeballing that bumper pretty hard for my HD, lol.

I think Sierra 1500 AT4X and Silverado 1500 ZR2 bumpers/platforms are kinda similar.

I saw a YT video where someone was trying to install Warn winch on AT4X but had to do some trimming.

I think ComeUp winch is what AEV recommends at least for Sierra AT4X bumper and also have to buy a mount kit.

I think Sierra 1500 AT4X and Silverado 1500 ZR2 bumpers/platforms are kinda similar.

I saw a YT video where someone was trying to install Warn winch on AT4X but had to do some trimming.

I think ComeUp winch is what AEV recommends at least for Sierra AT4X bumper and also have to buy a mount kit.
That's an impressive install. I may just stock with the Come Up.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back