Zr2 vs. AT4x

The longer I own this truck and the more I listen to the stereo system, the more dissatisfied I am with it. No matter how I EQ it or what type or music I listen to, it always sounds very underwhelming. Bose should be embarrassed to have their brand attached to this quality of sound.
I agree 100%. I got out of a 2015 GMC SLT and the bose in it was awesome.

The longer I own this truck and the more I listen to the stereo system, the more dissatisfied I am with it. No matter how I EQ it or what type or music I listen to, it always sounds very underwhelming. Bose should be embarrassed to have their brand attached to this quality of sound.
Completely agree. The three band eq is minimal at best. Adding the manufacturers subwoofer may be helpful, but you are still left with the same underlying issues. I am doing some research on adding a helix processor, better amp and speakers w a sub in the near future. Will post after I choose the system and start the install.

Completely agree. The three band eq is minimal at best. Adding the manufacturers subwoofer may be helpful, but you are still left with the same underlying issues. I am doing some research on adding a helix processor, better amp and speakers w a sub in the near future. Will post after I choose the system and start the install.
I'll be very interested to see what you do.

Bose as a whole on a brand level started to fall as soon as they shifted from high end loudspeakers to The little cubes people associate with the brand.

I have some 801’s from the 80’s that are fantastic speakers.

It’s become a designer brand with no performance. Just a name association with costing money.

I’m curious what a simple driver swap would do for these trucks without getting into an aftermarket 4 channel.

No highs, no lows. Must be Bose.

Bose as a whole on a brand level started to fall as soon as they shifted from high end loudspeakers to The little cubes people associate with the brand.

It’s become a designer brand with no performance. Just a name association with costing money.

I’m curious what a simple driver swap would do for these trucks without getting into an aftermarket 4 channel.

I’ve got some Focal component for the front and coaxial for the rear ordered. Should be here next week some time. Just need to find the time to do the swap. But I’m planning on documenting the install in a new thread. Fingers crossed…🤞

I think a lot of brands fell into this. We had some Bose bookshelf speakers when I was a kid and they were awesome. Heck, I remember having an old set of headphones from the 80s that my step-dad handed down to me. I can't remember the brand but they were built like a tank and they sounded better than anything I've ever listened to since in a set of headphones.

I think a lot of brands fell into this. We had some Bose bookshelf speakers when I was a kid and they were awesome. Heck, I remember having an old set of headphones from the 80s that my step-dad handed down to me. I can't remember the brand but they were built like a tank and they sounded better than anything I've ever listened to since in a set of headphones.
Were they Koss? My dad had some Koss Pro 4a’s back in the day that were awesome. I think the Harmon Kardon Citation tube amp had something to do with that, too..

Most Member Reactions

Back