Zr2

How are folks enjoying that truck?
I haven't yet hit 500 miles...getting close. Really enjoying her a lot. Getting my new muffler installed this week and hope to love her more :ROFLMAO: I have been spending quite a bit on a bunch of "small" things as you can see in my signature. I would highly recommend getting it paint corrected and ceramic coated fairy soon after purchase...then buy the fun stuff;)

I haven't yet hit 500 miles...getting close. Really enjoying her a lot. Getting my new muffler installed this week and hope to love her more :ROFLMAO: I have been spending quite a bit on a bunch of "small" things as you can see in my signature. I would highly recommend getting it paint corrected and ceramic coated fairy soon after purchase...then buy the fun stuff;)
Wow. You have as many posts as miles! I’ll have 500 miles by week 1

If I end up getting one. Gotta make the numbers work.

Wow. You have as many posts as miles! I’ll have 500 miles by week 1

If I end up getting one. Gotta make the numbers work.
I work from home, so don't drive much. More on the weekends and to run errands during the week. Typically put about 6K miles a year on a vehicle. I am always finding an excuse now to hop in the truck and go somewhere 😂

I work from home, so don't drive much. More on the weekends and to run errands during the week. Typically put about 6K miles a year on a vehicle. I am always finding an excuse now to hop in the truck and go somewhere 😂
That’s awesome. Certainly helps re-sell value. That’s the part I hate about my vehicles. I do love to drive and crank up my tunes tho. Just hate that I rack em up.

2000 miles in a month and half of owning the truck and I can honestly say it's the coolest thing I've ever owned. Absolutely love the truck. Came from a 2020 Toyota Tundra which I also loved. This is a whole other level of truck.

Congrats! Got mine on the 20th! 347kms and counting...
IMG_0956.jpeg

2000 miles in a month and half of owning the truck and I can honestly say it's the coolest thing I've ever owned. Absolutely love the truck. Came from a 2020 Toyota Tundra which I also loved. This is a whole other level of truck.
I have a 2021 tundra. I love it but for all different reasons. I have a cool color (to me) in Lunar Rock. I have a TRD Pro. Love its looks and character and reliability (even tho it’s been 2 years) but I miss the cool stuff”. The tech. Never thought I would say I think the Chevy has the best interior of all the major brands right now. But I certainly do. I love the zr2 interior especially.

I have a 2021 tundra. I love it but for all different reasons. I have a cool color (to me) in Lunar Rock. I have a TRD Pro. Love its looks and character and reliability (even tho it’s been 2 years) but I miss the cool stuff”. The tech. Never thought I would say I think the Chevy has the best interior of all the major brands right now. But I certainly do. I love the zr2 interior especially.
You are absolutely correct. The interior blows the previous Tundra (as mentioned I had a 2020) out of the water. Can't speak to the new Tundra but I'm sure it is nice as well. I actually had ordered a new Tundra and then saw an ad for the ZR2 and to say it was "love at first sight" would be an understatement. Ordered a ZR2 the next day and canceled my Tundra order...haha.

No question on the reliability factor of the 5.7 with the 6 speed transmission. I'm sure you've read the article on the "million mile tundra." Pretty impressive. That powertrain is bulletproof and there is no denying that.

Honestly, everything "feels" better about the chevy. The was the interior feels more premium. Simple things like the doors closing feels better (I know that sounds weird but I swear its true). Even the way the windows roll up is different and somehow better. I know it sounds odd but it just is the honest truth.

Granted it has its issues with the exterior. The "looks" are not the issue but the paint quality and the hood scoop chipping obviously has been beaten to death on this forum. Mine has all of those things, but doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know it will get fixed. My dealer already talked to me about repainting the hood but we are waiting on an "official fix" from GM...

Anyhow, that was a long winded way to say I'm very happy with my decision. Hopefully, you will be too if you decide to pull the trigger.

You are absolutely correct. The interior blows the previous Tundra (as mentioned I had a 2020) out of the water. Can't speak to the new Tundra but I'm sure it is nice as well. I actually had ordered a new Tundra and then saw an ad for the ZR2 and to say it was "love at first sight" would be an understatement. Ordered a ZR2 the next day and canceled my Tundra order...haha.

No question on the reliability factor of the 5.7 with the 6 speed transmission. I'm sure you've read the article on the "million mile tundra." Pretty impressive. That powertrain is bulletproof and there is no denying that.

Honestly, everything "feels" better about the chevy. The was the interior feels more premium. Simple things like the doors closing feels better (I know that sounds weird but I swear its true). Even the way the windows roll up is different and somehow better. I know it sounds odd but it just is the honest truth.

Granted it has its issues with the exterior. The "looks" are not the issue but the paint quality and the hood scoop chipping obviously has been beaten to death on this forum. Mine has all of those things, but doesn't bother me in the slightest. I know it will get fixed. My dealer already talked to me about repainting the hood but we are waiting on an "official fix" from GM...

Anyhow, that was a long winded way to say I'm very happy with my decision. Hopefully, you will be too if you decide to pull the trigger.
I hear you in the doors. It’s actually something that caught my attention watching YT reviews of the Zr2. I thought to myself that must just be the audio. So when I finally went to drive it, it’s the first thing I tested. The freaking sound of the doors. And they do sound so much more solid. I love the interior. I still can’t believe I think that Chevy of all the brands has the best interior. I’ve never thought that. My tundra is so 1997 on the inside and that’s partly why its reliability is so great. They haven’t changed anything.

I just have been really impressed with the Zr2. Who know what the reliability will be with it. Too early to tell. I don’t have the new 2022 body style Tundra. I like them as well. That said, they just don’t feel as well built as the new Zr2, oddly. The interior feels cheaper to me.

Good luck with yours. Enjoy it!

Oh I can chime in on this one I’m an over the road truck driver. I’m lucky if I put 4K miles on a year lol. This year I have 2 long trips for vacation so needed this truck. I haul a car hauler with my Polaris Slingshot in it to some awesome riding areas.

60B3F691-6431-46C1-A4F6-FE079EE17354.jpeg

Love my dark ash too!!

Attachments

• IMG_0062.jpeg
    IMG_0062.jpeg
    628 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5542.jpeg
    IMG_5542.jpeg
    582 KB · Views: 72