1.25 Wheel spacers

I’m curious to see those of you that have 1.25’s on order.

I’m hoping that’s the magic number to keep the top of the tire inside the edge of the fender.

I’m curious to see those of you that have 1.25’s on order.

I’m hoping that’s the magic number to keep the top of the tire inside the edge of the fender.
Well I just tried them on Friday. The lugs did barely make contact on back of wheels. I did bot want to grind of the tips of studs so I wound up returning them for 1.5's. Will probably be another 2 weeks now until I can gets these on. The 1.25 did look good. Seemed to put the front wheel out even with the high clearance steps.

Well I just tried them on Friday. The lugs did barely make contact on back of wheels. I did bot want to grind of the tips of studs so I wound up returning them for 1.5's. Will probably be another 2 weeks now until I can gets these on. The 1.25 did look good. Seemed to put the front wheel out even with the high clearance steps.
I appreciate that honest reply. It saves others the headache of experimenting. I wish you luck with the 1.5’s.

I may end up going with 3/8” hub centrics as I don’t think there’s enough stud for 1/2” ones. As I Believe (correct me if I’m wrong) we have 1.25” of actual thread on the studs.

1.5” is just a little too much “poke” for my taste on the TrailBosses

Maybe our 3/4” flares would fix that?

Also, additional axle studs on spacers does not mean hub-centric. That’s only to have the correct amount of thread engagement to secure the wheel.

The first photo is of a BORA hub-centric 3/8 spacer and the second is a lug centric. This seems to be a common misconception.

Attachments

• 8C4E518A-D393-4215-9882-098E119F2643.jpeg
    8C4E518A-D393-4215-9882-098E119F2643.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 2DF8AB49-E64C-4276-B735-ED7E431E8BB9.jpeg
    2DF8AB49-E64C-4276-B735-ED7E431E8BB9.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 57
I appreciate that honest reply. It saves others the headache of experimenting. I wish you luck with the 1.5’s.

I may end up going with 3/8” hub centrics as I don’t think there’s enough stud for 1/2” ones. As I Believe (correct me if I’m wrong) we have 1.25” of actual thread on the studs.

1.5” is just a little too much “poke” for my taste on the TrailBosses

Maybe our 3/4” flares would fix that?
There are some pics here with the 1.5's. I do think they look great and the wheel molding definitely helps. The only reason I wanted to try 1.25 was the thought of a bigger tire later. I will more then likely go to a 34 w same width.

I actually installed 1.5" spacers this weekend. There was zero rubbing and I took it out and played a little to see if I could make it rub. These are the perfect size to my eye and they set the stance exactly how I think it should have come from the factory. I'll run these until it's time to get new tires then I'm planning to put some BFG K02s on a set of wheels with the right offset.

First pic is before:
1. What brand spacers?

2. Do your wheels extend beyond the fenders?

3. Throwing a lot of road debris?

4. Did you need to trim your studs?

I put 1.25 spacers on my truck today. Really like the stance and the tires are still in the wheel wells. I did trim the studs a little, but no threads. Just the extra nub on the end. Pretty sure you could just grind them down a little if you didn't want to cut them. Really didn't need much.

In the pictures the drivers side is stock passenger has spacers. You can see how much of the stud I removed.
20230103_162317.jpg
20230103_162248.jpg
20230103_161848.jpg

I put 1.25 spacers on my truck today. Really like the stance and the tires are still in the wheel wells. I did trim the studs a little, but no threads. Just the extra nub on the end. Pretty sure you could just grind them down a little if you didn't want to cut them. Really didn't need much.

In the pictures the drivers side is stock passenger has spacers. You can see how much of the stud I removed.View attachment 1443View attachment 1444View attachment 1445
Exactly the type of look I go for. 1.5’s are just enough to be too much.

How’s the clearance? Thinking of going with 285/70’s when my Goodyears wear out. Just a touch larger. 33.7-34 depending on what tire it is.

Reactions: AXE
Exactly the type of look I go for. 1.5’s are just enough to be too much.

How’s the clearance? Thinking of going with 285/70’s when my Goodyears wear out. Just a touch larger. 33.7-34 depending on what tire it is.
Clearance is good. Nothing touches anywhere. Nothing touches when flexing the suspension. You actually gain a little clearance from the Upper control arm because it pushed the wheel out a little. Not sure if you have noticed, but stock the tire is very close to the UCA. I'm still on stock tires, so I can't say how it is with larger tires.

Most Member Reactions

Back