1 year waiting

jcoteZR2

Reaction score
I originally ordered a TrailBoss with a 6.2 exactly a year ago after buying my wife an RS Exqiunoxe but GM would never approve my order with the trail boss!
3 month ago my dealer called me and said my TrailBoss order will most likely not get approved since they are pushing smaller engines and the ZR2 models are priority with the 6.2.
I’m appreciative of the dealership honesty as it’s a car and truck marketplace mess.
So since my dealership called and explained this to me they had an opportunity to order only two ZR2 Silverado and after I have been in the market for a new truck as a truck legend 3rd generation I really had to think about it!
So I built my ZR2 Silverado online and yes it was very much a truck I wanted with even more than I needed but I choose to go for it!
Needles to say gm accepted my ZR2 order back in April and end of April my order was built.
Now delivering is in dealers hands and I should be receiving and joining you all next week as ETA is 5/10/23!
Already have mods in stock at home but mostly the front skid plate is not going to come like the build I made to order, so plan on wrapping it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 122
Good choice, you'll love it! Suspension and motor and transmission and Sirius and air condition seats are my favorite parts (in that order)

thanks I know I will love it!
Got 1.5 bora wheel spacers ready to go on it, upgraded brake covers plus my little stuff like hitch cover and license plate frames lol.
Can’t wait too share pictures

I originally ordered a TrailBoss with a 6.2 exactly a year ago after buying my wife an RS Exqiunoxe but GM would never approve my order with the trail boss!
3 month ago my dealer called me and said my TrailBoss order will most likely not get approved since they are pushing smaller engines and the ZR2 models are priority with the 6.2.
I’m appreciative of the dealership honesty as it’s a car and truck marketplace mess.
So since my dealership called and explained this to me they had an opportunity to order only two ZR2 Silverado and after I have been in the market for a new truck as a truck legend 3rd generation I really had to think about it!
So I built my ZR2 Silverado online and yes it was very much a truck I wanted with even more than I needed but I choose to go for it!
Needles to say gm accepted my ZR2 order back in April and end of April my order was built.
Now delivering is in dealers hands and I should be receiving and joining you all next week as ETA is 5/10/23!
Already have mods in stock at home but mostly the front skid plate is not going to come like the build I made to order, so plan on wrapping it!
there are plenty

Ok I first need to apologies too All!
I just wanted to deal this truck for awhile!
I’m about 1,300 miles on it right now as just received in end of May 2023.
Done 3 mods already!
1) dealer borla exhaust
2) antenna
3) wheel spacers

I absolutely love this truck and love this forum as I have no really majors with it but have some as radio cuts out when truck is cold, take off at a stop light, the cow cover on hood chip and just washing it in details is a lot of work.
Here on the west coast I only seen 2 others ZR2 on the road, which tells me we are either lucky or not to own one.
I previously drove a LT 2006 Avalanche which was a smooth luxury ride.
5.3 on it but suspension was awesome!
Now with the ZR2 it’s an adrenaline every time I drive it and I love that!
I’ll be back with other posting as comments that I experienced

Forgot too mention 1.5 wheel spacers

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_0067.jpeg
    IMG_0067.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0068.jpeg
    IMG_0068.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0069.jpeg
    IMG_0069.jpeg
    338.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0070.jpeg
    IMG_0070.jpeg
    453.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0071.jpeg
    IMG_0071.jpeg
    436.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0072.jpeg
    IMG_0072.jpeg
    354 KB · Views: 80
Overall my 2023 Silverado since recently acclaimed I’m Happy with it especially with the Modifications done!
I do have inputs on concerns as new comers join and comments but this forum most of times Beat too it.

Reactions: AXE
Looking for any suggestions!
Like I mentioned in earlier message trails I’m having a problem with front passenger side wheel liner as it is curled out of place.
I installed 1.5 bora wheels spacer and it doesn’t rub on the inside bumper but when in a sharp back up tun it is rubbing on the curled wheel liner.
Driver side is fine!
I try to tuck it back into the inside bumper but it is shorter and won’t stay tucked in.
Thought about using my heat Gun to see if can mold the curl backwards but figured I ask all you if good idea, bad idea, try something else?
Anyone experience this?
Might be hard too see in photo

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: AXE
There's a plastic panel behind there and it will be hard to get the curl removed due to that. If you want to pull the whole liner, it might work with some heat. That thing looks like it's cut uneven on the bottom. You could trim it and take the curl out.

When I trimmed my bumper I added a new screw to secure the liner to the back plastic support. Looks great as it matches with my trim line perfectly. You can get those screws at auto store so they match perfectly. If you put one in the corner the curl would be gone.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back