2024 HD ZR2 Configurator Now Live!!

That's definitely the one you're after!

Do you have any ZR2 HDs coming in that aren't spoken for??
I have a few coming in but they are customers sold orders. If for some reason one happens to come available I'll be sure to post them.

I can always place a custom order for you as well.

There is about 100 in transit. I know at least a couple of them I called about are available.

I'm probably going to wait on my order now, cause nobody wants to deal.

There is about 100 in transit. I know at least a couple of them I called about are available.

I'm probably going to wait on my order now, cause nobody wants to deal.
I can get supplier regardless of what I purchase. I am looking at all of my options and trying to decide what I want to do.

Reactions: AXE
I can get supplier regardless of what I purchase. I am looking at all of my options and trying to decide what I want to do.
Better buy one in next 36 hours cause if they strike, your $5-10K above MSRP that day. Just like the good ol times of covid days! Dealers won't have inventory, so they'll stick it to everyone to cover their overhead costs and keep employees.

I would buy one now and then sell your truck for $70k when inventory is short.

Better buy one in next 36 hours cause if they strike, your $5-10K above MSRP that day. Just like the good ol times of covid days! Dealers won't have inventory, so they'll stick it to everyone to cover their overhead costs and keep employees.

I would buy one now and then sell your truck for $70k when inventory is short.
I never buy based on emotion or potential world events. It will be what it will be my friend. I don't "have" to sell my mint condition ZR2 with 4700 miles on it and would be fine keeping it if I had to. I'll watch and wait and decide from there, but I appreciate the thoughts :)

I never buy based on emotion or potential world events. It will be what it will be my friend. I don't "have" to sell my mint condition ZR2 with 4700 miles on it and would be fine keeping it if I had to. I'll watch and wait and decide from there, but I appreciate the thoughts :)
25s might work better anyway, you're not sure which one you're after, so no sense spending $85k.

They should have all the bad parts flushed and shitty electronics fixed by then. We're driving the beta rigs. Still be problems showing up, so may not be fully tested until spring of next year.

25s might work better anyway, you're not sure which one you're after, so no sense spending $85k.

They should have all the bad parts flushed and shitty electronics fixed by then. We're driving the beta rigs. Still be problems showing up, so may not be fully tested until spring of next year.
I was thinking that as well when it comes to the HDs.

I'm curious to see what people think going from the 1500 to the 2500 6.6 gas. I like my zr2, but honestly if the HD ZR2 would have been an option. I probably would have went with that. I didn't want another diesel. The HDs had the old interiors and the 6.6 gas had the 6 speed.

I'm curious to see what people think going from the 1500 to the 2500 6.6 gas. I like my zr2, but honestly if the HD ZR2 would have been an option. I probably would have went with that. I didn't want another diesel. The HDs had the old interiors and the 6.6 gas had the 6 speed.

They are good trucks. I've seen enough reviews and know a guy that has one. Motor and tranny seem to be a good pairing for decent power and mileage. ZR2 pqckage will make it a good ride.

I'm sure they'll have the same electronic gremlins. Guys with bricked Duramaxes already posting about their woes.

The only reason I'm getting one is that I sold my Duramax to my boy and I was gonna keep it for towing duties, while running the ZR2. I pull 13-14k camper and a lot of elevation changes and 6% grades in the West. I wanna run 70-75 mph at 2000 RPMs with engine braking. Makes for a nice trip.

They are good trucks. I've seen enough reviews and know a guy that has one. Motor and tranny seem to be a good pairing for decent power and mileage. ZR2 pqckage will make it a good ride.

I'm sure they'll have the same electronic gremlins. Guys with bricked Duramaxes already posting about their woes.

The only reason I'm getting one is that I sold my Duramax to my boy and I was gonna keep it for towing duties, while running the ZR2. I pull 13-14k camper and a lot of elevation changes and 6% grades in the West. I wanna run 70-75 mph at 2000 RPMs with engine braking. Makes for a nice trip.
My ZR2 pulls my stuff NP. I even pulled a 37' foot camper with it a few weeks ago. So it's not like I have to have an HD. But, The HD with a 6.6 doesn't have DFM, has a 36 gallon tank and 3.73 rear end. Also has the DSSV shocks and a rear locker. It is much heavier though. So way less useful off road and much easier to get stuck. I'm sure it doesn't ride as good as the 1500 and is slower. Just comparing the two though. For just a couple grand more. I would have went with the Gas HD. I am curious to see what people get for range. It does have the larger tank, But I'm sure it averages worse MPG. Wonder if that ends up being a wash? Even if it only averages 12MPG, That still gives it more range than the 1500s with a 24 gallon tank. With the HD running on regular 87. The worse MPG is probably a wash on cost compared to the 6.2 on premium.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. TOW mirrors. I really miss my tow mirrors, lol.

Last edited:
My ZR2 pulls my stuff NP. I even pulled a 37' foot camper with it a few weeks ago. So it's not like I have to have an HD. But, The HD with a 6.6 doesn't have DFM, has a 36 gallon tank and 3.73 rear end. Also has the DSSV shocks and a rear locker. It is much heavier though. So way less useful off road and much easier to get stuck. I'm sure it doesn't ride as good as the 1500 and is slower. Just comparing the two though. For just a couple grand more. I would have went with the Gas HD. I am curious to see what people get for range. It does have the larger tank, But I'm sure it averages worse MPG. Wonder if that ends up being a wash? Even if it only averages 12MPG, That still gives it more range than the 1500s with a 24 gallon tank. With the HD running on regular 87. The worse MPG is probably a wash on cost compared to the 6.2 on premium.

Oh and I forgot to mention.. TOW mirrors. I really miss my tow mirrors, lol.
TFL got an average of 16 mpg on his 111 mile loop around Denver if I recall correctly which was very impressive. He got about 9mpg towing 13K# around the same 111 mile loop.

Most Member Reactions

Back