2024 HD ZR2 Configurator Now Live!!

TFL got an average of 16 mpg on his 111 mile loop around Denver if I recall correctly which was very impressive. He got about 9mpg towing 13K# around the same 111 mile loop.
I though bit was 19 unloaded? About the same as 6.2L. Years ago my Dad had a 2500 HD gasser and could get 10 towing his 5er.

The mirrors on the 1500 ZR are horrible for backing. Always seems like I'm oversteering and out of alignment yet mirror's don't reflect that. I could back a trailer in with 3"inches on either side with HD. I need 3 feet and a spotter with the 1500.

I though bit was 19 unloaded? About the same as 6.2L. Years ago my Dad had a 2500 HD gasser and could get 10 towing his 5er.
I could be wrong...not the first time ;) Now that I think about it, I think the dash displayed 17.5 and it ended up being closer to 19 at fill-up and doing the manual calculation.

TFL got an average of 16 mpg on his 111 mile loop around Denver if I recall correctly which was very impressive. He got about 9mpg towing 13K# around the same 111 mile loop.
Yeah, I seen that. That's why I said I bet the fuel MPG cost is a wash. Real world not doing a MPG loop, I'm sure it's a little lower. I think they got 18 or 19Mpg in their 1500Zr2. So you figure the 6.6 is probably 2 or 3 MPG lower on average.. But when you consider price difference of 87 vs 91+. Probably evens out if not gives the 6.6 a slight advantage. Heck if it could average 14-15mpg that would give you a range over 500 miles. The small tank on our trucks is probably my biggest gripe.

Any dealers on here? What are the allocations for the ZR2 HD now? Still 0?

Any dealers on here? What are the allocations for the ZR2 HD now? Still 0?
Allocations are smaller for ZR2's than other 2500 trims. Most dealers will more than likely have a sold order or multiple sold orders in line waiting for the next allocation(s) to come available. Your best idea is to place your order with a dealer you feel comfortable with so it's in their system for when they get an allocation.

Reactions: AXE
Allocations are smaller for ZR2's than other 2500 trims. Most dealers will more than likely have a sold order or multiple sold orders in line waiting for the next allocation(s) to come available. Your best idea is to place your order with a dealer you feel comfortable with so it's in their system for when they get an allocation.
Thanks, I did have an order in for a LTZ in July, then changed it to the ZR2 in September.

Reactions: AXE
Probably considered small to medium I would think they have about 200 new cars on the lot currently .

Most Member Reactions

Back