17" wheels

I’m hoping so, but it’s not looking like it. The brake calipers most likely won’t clear them. If it can take 17” then it’ll open up so much more wheel and tire options. Here’s hoping someone can get it to work properly

One wheel vendor said stock brakes will work with 17” but not the Brembo 6 piston calibers. I had no idea there was a brake upgrade option.

thinking Black Rhino Abrams 17x8.5 in olive drab on the Sand Dune rig to arrive soon.

I’m hoping so, but it’s not looking like it. The brake calipers most likely won’t clear them. If it can take 17” then it’ll open up so much more wheel and tire options. Here’s hoping someone can get it to work properly
Wheel Pros confirmed the Black Rhino Abrams 17x8.5 will fit. have a set arriving next week. not all 17s may fit and need to get the right back spacing and offset to clear the knuckle (or so I'm told, not a mechanic here). will post photo when completed. the rig suppose to arrive in a few weeks.

Oooweee! Great news. There are some very nice Fifteen52 that only come in 17” and this opens up so many options from other brands.

Wheel Pros confirmed the Black Rhino Abrams 17x8.5 will fit. have a set arriving next week. not all 17s may fit and need to get the right back spacing and offset to clear the knuckle (or so I'm told, not a mechanic here). will post photo when completed. the rig suppose to arrive in a few weeks.
Did you get it in and install the wheels? Anxious to see them.

Last edited:
thinking Black Rhino Abrams 17x8.5 in olive drab on the Sand Dune rig to arrive soon.
Those will look great.. I’m going with Fuel contra wheels 18x9 -12 offset with 35x12.5 tires on my black truck.. Have the wheels, waiting on the truck now..

Attachments

• C42A7F2B-3CD8-4141-9B52-D3CC2A94F4CA.jpeg
    C42A7F2B-3CD8-4141-9B52-D3CC2A94F4CA.jpeg
    490.5 KB · Views: 110
I want to go 17s as well. Mainly for tire selection. I was originally going to go slightly bigger on the 18s (285/70/18 with a 20mm offset) but there's only a couple of tires available in that size.

Hello everyone. New member here. Does anyone have any updates on this matter? Looking to purchase 34 inch tires and 17 wheels. Thanks!

Hello

Anything on this? Will 17 fit?
I currently have 17” Method 703s with zero offset, as well as 33” 285 tires. So, yes, 17” wheels will fit, but where ever you’re ordering them from, or if a shop is ordering them, make sure and check that they’ll clear the brakes and aren’t too positive offset that they rub your suspension arms.

I currently have 17” Method 703s with zero offset, as well as 33” 285 tires. So, yes, 17” wheels will fit, but where ever you’re ordering them from, or if a shop is ordering them, make sure and check that they’ll clear the brakes and aren’t too positive offset that they rub your suspension arms.
Awesome! Thank you so much!

Are you running any spacers to clear calipers? I was looking at the 703's and method told me they would not fit without a spacer or some modification.

Are you running any spacers to clear calipers? I was looking at the 703's and method told me they would not fit without a spacer or some modification.
I do have 1” spacers, but those were a purely aesthetic choice to get me flush with the wheel wells. I ran without them for weeks without any issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: AXE

Most Member Reactions

Back