2022 Chevy Silverado ZR2 First Drive | Off-Roading in the New Silverado | Price, Interior & More

Dragoon

Administrator
Staff member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Ryan wasn't too complimentary towards the Silverado ZR2 in this video review. He really seemed to think Chevy missed the mark by not designing the Silverado ZR2 to come with or be able to upgrade to 35-inch tires.

The Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2 pickup truck is the off-road version of the popular full-size Silverado. In this video, Ryan ZumMallen from Edmunds takes the 2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 ZR2 out for an off-road driving experience to see if it really is the "most off-road-ready Silverado ever" as Chevrolet claims. Tag along as Ryan discusses how well the Silverado ZR2 handles off-road, how comfortable it is to drive, what horsepower it's pumping out, and much more. Ryan also takes a look at the Silverado's interior and points out the biggest changes and upgrades to look for. Does the updated Silverado ZR2 have the goods to be considered one of the best off-road trucks on the market? The experts at Edmunds have all the answers in our First Drive of the 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 ZR2.

People seem to be missing the point of this truck. They are building a narrative that doesn't exist. If they wanted a Raptor or TRX spec truck, they would have built one. This isn't meant to be that.
Exactly !!! The main reason I did not buy a trail boss. Love the look but stripped to bare . Wanted a high country bells and whistles off road burly looking truck !!!! A high class pavement pounder !!! lol

People seem to be missing the point of this truck. They are building a narrative that doesn't exist. If they wanted a Raptor or TRX spec truck, they would have built one. This isn't meant to be that.
Absolutely. That's why this truck is $7k less than a comparably equipped Raptor and over $20k less than a comparably equipped TRX(comparable amenities, not capability).

What they need to do is focus on what the ZR2 gives you over a loaded 6.2 equipped Trail Boss. Better suspension plus basically everything that LTZ offers vs LT, all for less than $5k. That's a pretty good deal and a no-brainer to me. Once I actually played with the numbers, there's no way I would buy a high-end Trail Boss over a ZR2 now.

LT Trail Boss Premium w/ 6.2L, multiflex tailgate plus everything that I could add that is standard on ZR2. MSRP: $64,750

ZR2 w/multiflex tailgate. MSRP: $69,640

Absolutely. That's why this truck is $7k less than a comparably equipped Raptor and over $20k less than a comparably equipped TRX(comparable amenities, not capability).

What they need to do is focus on what the ZR2 gives you over a loaded 6.2 equipped Trail Boss. Better suspension plus basically everything that LTZ offers vs LT, all for less than $5k. That's a pretty good deal and a no-brainer to me. Once I actually played with the numbers, there's no way I would buy a high-end Trail Boss over a ZR2 now.

LT Trail Boss Premium w/ 6.2L, multiflex tailgate plus everything that I could add that is standard on ZR2. MSRP: $64,750

ZR2 w/multiflex tailgate. MSRP: $69,640
This exactly. I’ve watched about every review out there and zero speak actual truth about comparably equipped trucks.

At the end of the day, the Raptor is AT LEAST 7k more. And the TRX is 20.

Before markups. No discounts. No incentives.

ATP reports will show the reality of “it’s the same price as a Raptor”

Last edited:
Tonally, this review smacks of bias. The ZR2 was never intended to be a competitor to either Raptor or TRX, that's the exact reason I bought one. Other than the exposed shock hanging too low, there is nothing in this misinformed hit piece I agree with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Member Reactions

Back