2022 Silverado ZR2 trying to fit 37” tires

ZR2CHRIS22

Reaction score
I have a 22 ZR2 with 35x12.5x17 with a 0 offset wheels. Had some rubbing issues at first but made some cuts and removed a bracket and made more than enough clearance for the 35” along with a 1 1/2” leveling kit from Rough Country.

Soon going to be trying to stuff some 37” on here but also going to try peak suspension new 2 3/4” leveling kit with there new UCA for the Silverado ZR2. But am going to need a block to lift the rear end.

Anyone have any suggestions on witch one to get?

Attachments

• IMG_8962.jpeg
    IMG_8962.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 665
Peak suspension has mentioned that they have an Add A Leaf option in their instagram posts. I haven't seen it on their website so you may have to call them about it.

Instagram shows me your account quite frequently. It has definitely figured out that I am a sucker for modded zr2 posts. I'm excited to see how the peak suspension lift works. I think @AXE will be as well

Last edited:
Peak suspension has mentioned that they have an Add A Leaf option in their instagram posts. I haven't seen it on their website so you may have to call them about it.

Instagram shows me your account quit frequently. It has definitely figured out that I am a sucker for modded zr2 posts. I'm excited to see how the peak suspension lift works. I think @AXE will be as well
Thanks man, I’ll look into this more.

Reactions: AXE
I have a 22 ZR2 with 35x12.5x17 with a 0 offset wheels. Had some rubbing issues at first but made some cuts and removed a bracket and made more than enough clearance for the 35” along with a 1 1/2” leveling kit from Rough Country.

Soon going to be trying to stuff some 37” on here but also going to try peak suspension new 2 3/4” leveling kit with there new UCA for the Silverado ZR2. But am going to need a block to lift the rear end.

What brand tire is that? They look rugged.

If your gonna run 37s, why not go with the BDS 4 inch lift? It seems like that would give you more clearance, but may not resolve the issue of narrow wheel well width.

I don't think there is any chance of you fitting 37" tires with that set up. The Peak kit you are referring to is 2.25". I have that kit installed. I went with Ready Lift 3" blocks and u-bolts in the rear along with Cognito UCAs. I had to space my bumper forward 5/8" and cut the bumper some. I also removed the rear bracket and pulled the liner back just to clear my Toyo MTs 35/12.50r20 on 20x9 wheels with 0 offset. I just don't see a 2" taller tire fitting. I attached a pic of the rear blocks I ordered from Rrady Lift. I believe the part # is66-3003. My front and rear fenders measure 42 7/8" from the ground. It is dead on level.

Attachments

• 20230609_184608.jpg
    20230609_184608.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 539
  • 20230610_142319.jpg
    20230610_142319.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 542
  • 20230602_164725.jpg
    20230602_164725.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 539
Looks good! Toyo MTs are my favorite tires for about 20 years. I decided to go to the RT Trails and they are growing on me.

Why didn't you use the Peak UCAs? I thought they looked good.

Do you rub in the rear of front wheel well with 35s?

I like Cognito kits, was hoping they might do one. Any word on them doing a 2.5 inch kit?

Looks good! Toyo MTs are my favorite tires for about 20 years. I decided to go to the RT Trails and they are growing on me.

Why didn't you use the Peak UCAs? I thought they looked good.

Do you rub in the rear of front wheel well with 35s?

I like Cognito kits, was hoping they might do one. Any word on them doing a 2.5 inch kit?
I considered going with the rt trails but they ran small for 20" wheels and I have always wanted the Toyo MTs but always went with something else. This time I said I'm just going to do it.

I went with the Cognito sm (sheet metal) ball joint control arms because of the sturdy build (fully boxed welded and maintenance free press in ball joints. Peak's are tubular style and uniball. Cognito sells both styles (sm vs tubular) and they said the sm style was stronger. Also, I live by the coast...lots of dirt, dust, salt, and rain which will wear out uniballs.

Yes it will rub in the rear corner of the front fender wells with 35s. The bracket removal and a good bit of trimming is required.

I've ran the boxed Cognito UCAsfor about 10 years on other HD trucks. Held up well. I also ran their extra braces off the idler arm and pitman arm, which made for a lot better life running large MTs.

I run 295s on my trucks. With 20 inch rims on my HD they are just under 35 inches but I can run 80 psi for towing. With the 18 inch rims on ZR2 they are only about 34.5 inches. With trimming bumper corner and plastic fender well protector, I don't rub but still close in rear.

The Cognito arms seem like a good option and they are lower cost compared to the peak arms

They also have a rear leaf pack solution for the rear. If you're towing you may want to call them and get some more details.

Reactions: AXE
If I decide to do mine, I'll talk to Cognito before I do anything. I wouldn't mind having grease zirks in the bushings, my HD kits had them. The Peak kit has them too.

I've seen a lot of people run those Deaver spring kits and love them. I've always did air bags on my HDs, but would probably feel better with an overload spring on the ZR2 since I won't tow too much with it.

I don't think there is any chance of you fitting 37" tires with that set up. The Peak kit you are referring to is 2.25". I have that kit installed. I went with Ready Lift 3" blocks and u-bolts in the rear along with Cognito UCAs. I had to space my bumper forward 5/8" and cut the bumper some. I also removed the rear bracket and pulled the liner back just to clear my Toyo MTs 35/12.50r20 on 20x9 wheels with 0 offset. I just don't see a 2" taller tire fitting. I attached a pic of the rear blocks I ordered from Rrady Lift. I believe the part # is66-3003. My front and rear fenders measure 42 7/8" from the ground. It is dead on level.
how is the ride after the 2.25 lift ?

Chris the biggest problem with our trucks is the front bumper and rear crash bar. People for 37's on trailbosses. If we get a higher clearance bumper and your okay with taking the crash bar in the back side of the fender you should be able to for them. The biggest issue is the front bumper.

Chris the biggest problem with our trucks is the front bumper and rear crash bar. People for 37's on trailbosses. If we get a higher clearance bumper and your okay with taking the crash bar in the back side of the fender you should be able to for them. The biggest issue is the front bumper.
I'm going to be finding out this weekend. I'm getting the 37s today and going to try them on and see what happens. I also got the add a leaf from Peak and going to be installing that this weekend also.

I'm going to be finding out this weekend. I'm getting the 37s today and going to try them on and see what happens. I also got the add a leaf from Peak and going to be installing that this weekend also.
Hi Chris

I have ordered the same UCA,2.25 lift and the AddAleaf from Peak - pretty interested to know how this made the ride , how is the ride when there is nothing in the rear ? what lift did the AAL add ? does it sit level ?

Just curious, does the Bison/AEV bumper give more clearance?

Hey, How did it go?

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back