2022 ZR2 wouldn’t start waited 15 min and then it did

100% Agree, rhe “golden era” of the duramax. Bought my daughter an ‘06 “cat eye” Chevy with the LBZ for her first rig…solid truck and I can still reasonably do maintenance work. I love my LLY but their Achilles heel is a head gasket job (which mine required but overall it’s been a damn good truck, just gotta know that going in).
I had an 05 LLY too, it was a great truck. Probably least expensive truck I've owned. I did the math and it was $160 month after all the mods. Only work I did to it other than routine maintenance was a water pump at 100k. Still had the original brake pads at 150k miles and it looked pads weren't worn much.

Attachments

• 20140211_174407.jpg
    20140211_174407.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 16
i have not ordered the part yet, the dealer doing the repair ordered from GM. I am going to order thru GM as well once i confirm the part # from the dealer installing the new one.
I use the app and you get credits and etc. all thru myChevrolet smart phone app. I have gotten side steps and some other accessories for free thru GM parts...

3 weeks in no call or update from dealer and the UAW shutdown will only make things worse. I am thinking if I get my truck back by Xmas I will be lucky.

7 weeks later, finally got my truck back. Runs good and seems to be no issues with having it yanked onto flat bed on skates. Part number for new FPCM is 13554821, which is an updated part. Hopefully one that is more robust.
I also was able to get transfer case into N without starting truck according to the indicator light on the DIC but it did not roll as the trans was still in P and cannot move to N without starting truck. I ordered bootleg service manual from eBa, I’ll see if I can find an answer in there, but I need to get a CD rom drive. I guess the bootleggers have not figured out thumb drives.

Most Member Reactions

Back