2022 ZR2 wouldn’t start waited 15 min and then it did

I looked up part number on GM Wholesale Direct for the VIN on my truck 13543038
1693952884308.png

So glad when mine went out it wasn't on backorder. It was bad enough that it went out 4 hours from home on a trip. I just wish GM would come out with a way to put the truck in neutral when the engine dies. The owners manual says to use dollies to tow the truck. The wrecker driver that picked up my truck used wood block skies under the rear wheels to pull it up on the roll back. The owners manual also covers GM's butt with a statement if damage is caused by improper towing, it won't cover the repairs.
There’s a way. It requires a tool to release the transmission manually. There is no user override however.

Reactions: AXE
View attachment 6886
Be advised, just because they list it, doesn’t mean it’s in stock.

Orders to GM are actually restricted by VIN currently. It isn’t typically an “off the shelf” part unless you win the lottery.

There’s a way. It requires a tool to release the transmission manually. There is no user override however.
I saw a YouTube video using a 10mm wrench at the transmission selector shaft. I haven't crawled under the truck yet to look at it. After I install my level and UCAs I'm going to take a look and try it.

You can also pull the drive shafts and free wheel that bitch. If your pointed down hill you can coast right into dealer. Might want to block her up first.

Everyone carrying a back up module. I carry a Suron, a jug of lighter fluid, a lighter, and an insurance card.

Last edited:
Dealer confirmed it is the FPCM, on back order, no ETA. They are getting me a loaner a Ford F-150!
Seems kinda odd that they wouldn’t rent a GM car, but I’m happy the dealer is taking care of me. I’ll update when I know more.
I drive down in Baja quite often so I will have to get one for backup in the future.
Other GM forums are full of FPCM failure stories on other mfr. vehicles from Cadillac, GMC and Buick.
They need to find a new vendor or design a more robust part.

Dealer confirmed it is the FPCM, on back order, no ETA. They are getting me a loaner a Ford F-150!
Seems kinda odd that they wouldn’t rent a GM car, but I’m happy the dealer is taking care of me. I’ll update when I know more.
I drive down in Baja quite often so I will have to get one for backup in the future.
Other GM forums are full of FPCM failure stories on other mfr. vehicles from Cadillac, GMC and Buick.
Hopefully it wont take long.

It's like DEF/emissions parts, once they are in the system they'll likely be there for 4 to 5 years before they are flushed out. Bean counters don't care if your truck works, if it can otherwise be fixed more profitably at your expense. If they save a nickel per truck across the fleet, they have done their job.

Sounds like you need a Ram 2500 chase truck or maybe a NASCAR hauler with a backup rig if you're running to Baja. Gonna have to be able to do a major electrical work and a motor swap to make this rig reliable.

If you want to do it more economically, just throw a Kawasaki KLR 650 or Honda XR 650 in the back.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230907_110400_Google.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230907_110400_Google.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Talked to my service advisor today. My dealership has not seen a high volume of these failures but did replace an FPCM last week. He told me it took 2 weeks to get the part from GM. Hopefully yours won’t take that long.

View attachment 6886
Hmmmmm, I got the same year as you but it call for part number 13554821 as per my vin. Just wondering why would they use 2 different part numbers on the same truck, same year, same motor ??? As you can see from the images, I actually went under my truck, loosened the part and got the number from the actual part which is 13544060 but is superseded by part number 13554821.
Screenshot 2023-09-07 162635.png
20230907_160907.jpg

Last edited:
The new number may actually be an updated part. I've seen that before.

The new number may actually be an updated part. I've seen that before.
Yep, that's exactly correct, it's an updated part number. I was wondering just for added measure, should I order the part and go ahead and replace it and save the original one as a spare ?? From what I've read it's a plug and play part and no programming is involved. What are your thoughts ?

Yep, that's exactly correct, it's an updated part number. I was wondering just for added measure, should I order the part and go ahead and replace it and save the original one as a spare ?? From what I've read it's a plug and play part and no programming is involved. What are your thoughts ?
Those are the same questions we are all asking ourselves. I have a 2023 and will be pulling my module to grab the part number. Curious if I already have the updated part number. Just too hot in Texas today. Will wait for the weekend cool down to 98. 😂 Would be cool if several of us work to acquire a spare and then sell and ship overnight to the ones who encounter this and are broken waiting on GM to get off their ass and create one. I wouldn’t feel good knowing a fellow forum member is broken while I sit with one under the seat. That’s the main reason I haven’t been aggressive at locating or ordering one.

Those are the same questions we are all asking ourselves. I have a 2023 and will be pulling my module to grab the part number. Curious if I already have the updated part number. Just too hot in Texas today. Will wait for the weekend cool down to 98. 😂 Would be cool if several of us work to acquire a spare and then sell and ship overnight to the ones who encounter this and are broken waiting on GM to get off their ass and create one. I wouldn’t feel good knowing a fellow forum member is broken while I sit with one under the seat. That’s the main reason I haven’t been aggressive at locating or ordering one.
I know what you mean. I went under my truck and pulled the module to get the actual part number(checkout my images). BTW, it's held with two 10mm bolts. You'll need a short 10mm socket 1/4 inch drive with a small ratchet. I went ahead and ordered one today for 82.00 dollars with an ETA of 2 weeks. Let's see what happens.

98 sounds cool......we're supposed to be back up to 112 by tomorrow.......Al Gore was right!

I know what you mean. I went under my truck and pulled the module to get the actual part number(checkout my images). BTW, it's held with two 10mm bolts. You'll need a short 10mm socket 1/4 inch drive with a small ratchet. I went ahead and ordered one today for 82.00 dollars with an ETA of 2 weeks. Let's see what happens.
Did you order online or through your dealership? Just curious.

I asked my dealer rep today when i picked up the loaner, (the manager got a Chevy with 1500 mi instead of the F-150 that enterprise had lined up.... 🤷‍♂️) for the part # and he did not have one, but would make sure he kept the box.
I looked on myChevrolet smartphone app today and it gave this part # for the Fuel Pump Power Control Module. # 13554821. Which is same as SeaHunt has in his post.

Hopefully it wont take long.

It's like DEF/emissions parts, once they are in the system they'll likely be there for 4 to 5 years before they are flushed out. Bean counters don't care if your truck works, if it can otherwise be fixed more profitably at your expense. If they save a nickel per truck across the fleet, they have done their job.

Sounds like you need a Ram 2500 chase truck or maybe a NASCAR hauler with a backup rig if you're running to Baja. Gonna have to be able to do a major electrical work and a motor swap to make this rig reliable.

If you want to do it more economically, just throw a Kawasaki KLR 650 or Honda XR 650 in the
Me KTM will get jelly...

who knows, I also asked my rep how many they had seen and he says 1 or 2 a month but never on a ZR2.

I never thought i would say this with all the tech and the ride in the ZR2, but i think I miss my LBZ Duramax

LBZ Duramax = best truck ever
100% Agree, rhe “golden era” of the duramax. Bought my daughter an ‘06 “cat eye” Chevy with the LBZ for her first rig…solid truck and I can still reasonably do maintenance work. I love my LLY but their Achilles heel is a head gasket job (which mine required but overall it’s been a damn good truck, just gotta know that going in).

Most Member Reactions

Back