2023 Black Silverado ZR2 Bison - Chantilly, VA

BW0311

Reaction score
Hello! A few weeks ago my wife told me I needed a new truck (2011 Z71 LTZ). Who was I to argue? I had been looking at the Silverado ZR2’s since they came out, but couldn’t justify the added expense for the Bison. Lo and behold a dealer one county over had a Bison on the lot and it was discounted to just below the normal ZR2 price! Twist my arm….please. So needless to say it came home with me.

No real mods yet. Ceramic tint on all windows (blacked it out nicely, in-channel vent shades, Truxedo bed cover and seat covers for the back seat are on order.

I would like to swap the rock sliders for Amp Research power steps extreme (wife and 3 y/o toddler are short 😊) and change the anemic exhaust. A truck should sound like a truck! I had Magnaflow on my last truck and loved how it sounded, but wouldn’t mind looking at what else is available.

The only off road so far was a week driving on the beach at Outer Banks, NC. Yes, it’s a real place and not just a show on Netflix 😁.

My only complaint is Chevy encrypted the motor so I can’t reprogram it. Disablew wrote the tunes for my 2011 Z71 and our 2016 Tahoe. I hope someone cracks the encryption soon so he can tune the 6.2. I’d love to see what it could really do!!

That’s it for now. Looking forward to lurking and learning!

Sounds like a great deal.

You can check out my Magnaflow thread for my thoughts on that exhaust.

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back