2023 Chevy Silverado ZR2 5% Constraint!

Jayinsw36

Reaction score
My salesman said it’s bolongna or is it a chance your order won’t get accepted and built? I’m still waiting for GM to accept my order!

It’s early in the year so there’s a chance that it will be built but there’s always that chance that it won’t. I’m concerned with it as well and to be honest if I find one that matches what I ordered I’m taking it as long as my order still sits at 1100. If I’ve got a tpw that changes the scenario somewhat.

Check your dealers website and see if they have any in transit. Mine has 3 at msrp but it’s not what I’m looking for. They have another one that had a tpw of 8/15 but wasn’t showing a vin# by last Monday so they’re not sure about its status. That one matches my order (minus the sunroof but happier wife so that’s a wash) and if I can snag it I will.

Your order is in early. That’s always a good thing. It may be several weeks or months before it’s accepted. Mine took about 9 weeks back in November of 21. It was January before I had movement.

Unfortunately there’s no guarantee other than it will take time.

With the constraints on both the ZR2 and the LT Trail Boss, it seems like Chevrolet is trying to push buyers away from the high end off-road models.

With the constraints on both the ZR2 and the LT Trail Boss, it seems like Chevrolet is trying to push buyers away from the high end off-road models.
The new CAFE standards I bet have much to do with it. Giant lifted trucks don’t average well across the fleet.

Also why they are incentivizing you to take the 2.7 and charging out the A for the 5.3.

The standard 5.3 in a TB is now almost a 4k option. And the 6.2 is another 2 grand.

I had an order placed (and still do) back in April and have not heard anything from my dealer, so I'm not banking on hearing anything from them.

I ended up finding exactly what I wanted near Syracuse, NY. I am located in Dallas. I flew to New York and drove it home. In my experience, if you can find it, anywhere in the country, at MSRP (or below in my case) jump on it.

Call around. One dealer I called had a white one incoming that I was going to buy until I got the blue one. Another dealer had a grey one incoming. All in Salt Lake City area. I missed a blue one in Provo by one day last weekend.

ETA: None of the dealers were charging over sticker.

Call around. One dealer I called had a white one incoming that I was going to buy until I got the blue one. Another dealer had a grey one incoming. All in Salt Lake City area. I missed a blue one in Provo by one day last weekend.

ETA: None of the dealers were charging over sticker.
My dealer has 3 on the ground with another 5 on the way (eventually lol) at msrp.

Definitely true. It's luck of the draw which dealers get allocations for them. They SHOULD go to dealers that have sold orders sitting at 1100 status but they don't. They just throw allocations out to random dealers.

silverado constraints 9-8-22.jpg

Most Member Reactions

Latest Posts

Back