2023 ZR2 model order. No more 2022

EMB505

Reaction score
So Gave my dealer my $1000 refundable deposit on a custom order 2022 ZR2 on May 16th. As of yesterday it still hasn't been picked up by the factory. Today I hear from my sale rep that They have stopped taking orders on the 2022 Model year and that beginning in the July time frame or after. It will be a 2023 model and I have to re order the truck as a 2023. Kinda sucks as I figure I will see a price increase on the vehicle. But positive spin is maybe ZR2 Bison or after market kits will be in production by the time I take delivery. My dealer is Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX.

What's annoying is people like you and me who missed the window are going to get stuck in a traffic jam of orders that go out with the start of 2023 orders.

So Gave my dealer my $1000 refundable deposit on a custom order 2022 ZR2 on May 16th. As of yesterday it still hasn't been picked up by the factory. Today I hear from my sale rep that They have stopped taking orders on the 2022 Model year and that beginning in the July time frame or after. It will be a 2023 model and I have to re order the truck as a 2023. Kinda sucks as I figure I will see a price increase on the vehicle. But positive spin is maybe ZR2 Bison or after market kits will be in production by the time I take delivery. My dealer is Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine TX.
I ordered May 4th and this is what Chevrolet text me on Monday, “Your order has been accepted in to the system and is working toward the production process...” Does that mean I made the deadline? I need to go talk to my dealership.

I ordered May 4th and this is what Chevrolet text me on Monday, “Your order has been accepted in to the system and is working toward the production process...” Does that mean I made the deadline? I need to go talk to my dealership.
Post your order # in this thread here: https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/order-tracking-thread-post-your-order-s-here-for-updates.123/

or contact your dealership to see if they can give you a current status code for your build#.

If it made it beyond a certain status prior to the motor shortage, yours should still get built. If not, you'll have to resubmit the order for a 2023 model.

When should we expect more information on the '23's than just a commercial in the back of a dark warehouse? since you can't order a '22 anymore it makes no sense to leave buyers in the dark, literally.

When should we expect more information on the '23's than just a commercial in the back of a dark warehouse? since you can't order a '22 anymore it makes no sense to leave buyers in the dark, literally.

2023 MY start-up production date for MCM LD Crew is 08/29/2022 as of today.

So when would we expect to see what if any changes have been made ? ordering opens up next month from what me dealer says. I assume the information will proceed that date but I don't know what to think anymore.

Most likely there will be a flood of orders as soon as orders can be made. I'd like to get in early enough that I'm not looking at 2024 models.

So when would we expect to see what if any changes have been made ? ordering opens up next month from what me dealer says. I assume the information will proceed that date but I don't know what to think anymore.

Most likely there will be a flood of orders as soon as orders can be made. I'd like to get in early enough that I'm not looking at 2024 models.

The 2023 change info are already available, see this thread:

Maybe, my dealer printed that off for me. but it doesn't mention the Bison package . so what else might it not reflect ?

Maybe, my dealer printed that off for me. but it doesn't mention the Bison package . so what else might it not reflect ?

See here:

I see, strange he didn't have that I was looking at everything he had.

Well I guess it's just a waiting game . then place an order, then another waiting game. I guess it's not like I need a new pickup anyway but this only makes me want it worse.

I see, strange he didn't have that I was looking at everything he had.

Well I guess it's just a waiting game . then place an order, then another waiting game. I guess it's not like I need a new pickup anyway but this only makes me want it worse.

Sometimes new info gets released on the order page too soon and they remove it until they're ready, we were lucky that someone took a screenshot in time.
Right now the Bison pkg is not visible/selectable when submitting a 2023 order.

Most Member Reactions

Back